The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

snowbird wrote:
why>?

When you see skiing on tv, you say "wow, I wana do that!" When you see skating on tv, you say, "I'll bet he squats to pee."
admin

SkiCop wrote:

snowbird wrote:
why>?

When you see skiing on tv, you say "wow, I wana do that!" When you see skating on tv, you say, "I'll bet he squats to pee."

hahahaha. last night bruce jenner was skating on "skating with the stars." nothing is more sad than seeing a has been hero, now falling on his butt in effort to get some play time. but i really wasn't wondering how he pee's. I was wondering how scott hamilton skates with no toes. :)
SkiCop
Expert

You just don't find manly men on the skates, unless they are bashing each other silly with crooked sticks.
admin

SkiCop wrote:
You just don't find manly men on the skates, unless they are bashing each other silly with crooked sticks.

now that's what i'm talking about. i grew up with the hartford whalers and the boston bruins. we were just at the thrashers game on saturday night. love a good fight!!!
SkiCop
Expert

I used to think that hockey was a game that had a few fights thrown in. I have since come to realize that it's really a fight disguised as a game for legal purposes.
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

The Lowe's food parking lot.

Oh PS. Chicks dig scars. :wink:
ski2

Thanks for the info on skating. The kids still want to give it a try.

Any other places of interest we should take the kids while in the area?
Speedball
Beginner

ski2 wrote:

A ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway is always a nice trip. Parts of it are closed during winter storms.

Hope you made you reservations for next weekend. Looks like it might be the best one of 06.
ski2

Speedball wrote:

ski2 wrote:

A ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway is always a nice trip. Parts of it are closed during winter storms.

Hope you made you reservations for next weekend. Looks like it might be the best one of 06.

I wish they were for this weekend. We will be up a little later in the month.
snowbird
Advanced

lla quinat midavle ut.