The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Ok so its crunch time. Airfare sale ends monday. $237 to denver OR Salt lake city. What do I do. Got the time the week after the summit can leave on the 28th and come back on the 4th or 5th. Desperately want those big Mtns. No kids no wife just me and maybe a Bro. (i have 3) no buds i supose. Where to go???
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
teledave
Expert

SLC
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
bowen567
Beginner

no doubt: slc
2slikstix
Expert

teledave wrote:
SLC

I suppose I wont have any prob getting some Info on where to stay there, or a job for that matter. That sno looked AWESOME out there Dave, Thanks to all yall for the pix, Ineed a new Avatar pic, that one is from my last ski week in Jan. Want a better one soon!
skiing rules
Expert

well if u ask anyone on here the answer is gonna be, a lot of the members seem to have a biased towards utah. even i do too, utah is awesome, definitely go there, it doesnt really make sense to go to colorado and pay more when u can go to utah for less and in my opinion have a lot better skiing and way better acess to the mtns and airport, and u dont have to stay at alttitiude and wioryy about getting bad headaches, but i get bad head aches easily
2slikstix
Expert

Woohoo just paid for tix to SLC for feb 28 to march 4th.

now I need to know where to stay,

which 3 places to ski.

Where to find the good sh @

Got an Suv for 360 total. Is that good for 4 days?

Where to get a good map that shows all resorts.
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

you can find great resorts in both states --it is all better than the ice we ski in the SE. Take the cue from the Utah crew and stay at the base of the BCC and LCC then you can ski those 4 resorts in 4 days and not much driving (solitude, brighton, Alta and Snowbird) you might want to take an evening trip to Park city for the nightlife and "resort" experience however the skiing isn't at good in PC, The Canyons ski resort is pretty good though

have fun

check out http://goski.com for maps and info and resort links
g8erhater
Advanced

Just out of curiousity, how is Dear Valley? I know it is supposed to be like Vail in terms of atmosphere, but I wondered if any one had actually skied there...
2slikstix
Expert

:D :D Alright Gresh. Im going to utah. Your pix this week gave me the fever. Figure Ill just copy yall. haha.

Help me out with some Info . Hotel, eat do i need a Suv or a Neon with racks? $150 difference.
admin

2slikstix wrote:
do i need a Suv or a Neon with racks? $150 difference.

4x4 or chains are required on the canyon road(s).