The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Kathy
Beginner

We are leaving for Utah or Tuesday and here is some info I have found. Go to

parkcityinfo.com and you can ski free on the day you arrive with the voucher that you can print out.

Also I found a Chevy Trailblazer at Alamo for $340. with tax.

Hope this helps.
snowbird
Advanced

do not go to park city on arrival day. waste of time. we went to brighton and look at our pics. dont really need a car. you can ride the bus get a superpass and its 50 a day for uta transportation ,and lifty. we got a coche bc we needed it. 7 different resorts, only 4 of them were accessible by the uta bus. we went to snowbasin pwdr mtn, and jackson hole none of which the uta bus goes to. the la quinta was nice. best western or days inn might be a little cheaper. im gonna be calling in the next few week to get my motel for my trip back out there in march. it wont come close to rivaling this one, but it will be better than going to work, and better than anything out here bc they will be closed by the time i return.

but yeah car not needed, and bus goes wehre you need to go.

slc will rock your socks off. wait till you see the views. mtns not hills.

just ask cb. the look on his face said it all when we started to take him to some of the runs out there. and he couldnt pussy out on us, so he went all ballz out, and rode with the big boys this week. went to jackson and snowbird back to back. how may people do that???? not too many i must say. i woulda been at snowbird that day but i had to ski at alta, due to a promise i made. it was tons of fun, and i must say i had a ball. look at the smiles on my face in teh pics.

u wont be disspaointed. make sure you ask stinky to send you the snow. he packed it for our trip, and i have it packed and ready to go when i go back on march 24th.

skinc utah summit 06 best board trip ever.

roll call for 07 summit.

bird will be there.

time and place to be announced early summer 06.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Probably will get a 4x4. I gotta roam around. Looking at hotel in Midvale area. 60 a night +

About to piss on myself waiting.

I do have a ski question:

I ski 185 Head Cyber x 20s. 5 yr old Kinda thin in middle 2 1/2 in and maybe 3 3/4 out front and same rear. I love them , but want to ride that sweet steep and deep.

Do I want them out there if the powder is deep? Rent demos or what.

My Bro has Rosi. freeride x in a 160 he is gonna use, but he is the des photo man as he likes living more than I (conservative)

Itold him he had to ditch the Carhart Jacket if he was going with me. Dang redneck.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
snowbird
Advanced

the fatter teh ski the better out ther.e rent u some demos.
teledave
Expert

2slikstix,

Your answers are all pretty much weather dependent. 4x4 or Neon, reserve both and then make your decision 24 hrs before your departure. If no snow is in the forecast go with the cheaper Neon, if you get hit with the surprise storm and the canyons are on 4x4/chain watch you can always head up either BCC or LCC on UTA.

Skis, if the report shows 3+" of new snow rent some fatter skis. B3, Pocket Rocket, 1080 Gun, or something similar. PM bowen567 for his opinion on this.

Where to ski. If you hit a storm cycle anywhere in BCC/LCC will be great. In the following order these areas get tracked out the fastest; Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude. A good plan is to ski Alta/Bird on a storm day and then B'ton or Solitude on the day after. If no new snow is around but temps have remained cold since the last new snow go North to SnowBasin and Powder Mtn as they get very little skier pressure and the pow hangs around for days. If it warm and sunny you're gonna be on the groomers so it really doesn't matter where you go.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

teledave wrote:
2slikstix,

Your answers are all pretty much weather dependent. 4x4 or Neon, reserve both and then make your decision 24 hrs before your departure. If no snow is in the forecast go with the cheaper Neon, if you get hit with the surprise storm and the canyons are on 4x4/chain watch you can always head up either BCC or LCC on UTA.

Skis, if the report shows 3+" of new snow rent some fatter skis. B3, Pocket Rocket, 1080 Gun, or something similar. PM bowen567 for his opinion on this.

Where to ski. If you hit a storm cycle anywhere in BCC/LCC will be great. In the following order these areas get tracked out the fastest; Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude. A good plan is to ski Alta/Bird on a storm day and then B'ton or Solitude on the day after. If no new snow is around but temps have remained cold since the last new snow go North to SnowBasin and Powder Mtn as they get very little skier pressure and the pow hangs around for days. If it warm and sunny you're gonna be on the groomers so it really doesn't matter where you go.

Excellent summary. Tdave knows.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Thanks Dave!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
snowbird
Advanced

yeah tdave knows. look what he got us last week. 7 powder days. a big thanks to dave, he did almost all of the driving, and let the rest of us have a big old time in the car, and we def had a big ol timei nthe car. let me tell u. you will never know.
SkiCop
Expert

snowbird wrote:
yeah tdave knows. look what he got us last week. 7 powder days. a big thanks to dave, he did almost all of the driving, and let the rest of us have a big old time in the car, and we def had a big ol timei nthe car. let me tell u. you will never know.

We will know. You'll tell. You can't help it.