The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
TNKen
Intermediate

Well, dragged out of bed at 5am and on the road at 5:45 from Bristol. Things were going well until I hit the NC line, then unplowed, one lane roads. Road up to Beech was OK, slipped in the turns headed downhill. Got to the patrol room and suited up. Helped onload the quad chairs. Assigned to Southern Star for the opening run. Tons of guns running, 13 degrees. Opening run took 4 of us about 45 minutes to whack the snow off everything and get it looking decent.

After opening, started hunting pow. Robin's run was fantatic, as was Shawneehaw. Moved over to Lightining and found good lines as well. Worked back to Star and hit the left side beside the trees where it blows in. The Gottama's were loving it.

Grabbed a bite for lunch, worked two accidents, and back out for runs. Ran the hill until sweep at 4:30. Ate dinner, and back out. Robins and Shawneehaw were groomed; hit them until I got cold. Took a tumble, landed on my right shoulder and thought I broke my colar bone, guess I'll be sore in the a.m. Gave up about 8pm and headed back over the hill to Bristol.

Not the most epic day I've ever had on Beech Mountain, but for this year, it was great. Beggars can't be choosey.

Would have done pics, but the snow, fog and snowguns wouldn't cooperate.

See you on the hill.

Ken
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

Agreed, Xbox and i jsut got back from night session at Beech.

Freshie was still to be found on star and lightning, while robbins and shaw were tracked out, but still had GREAT cover! Best reason to skip the super bowl i could think of.

(all slope conditions are in perspective of this season in NC and should in NO WAY be related to the UT trip reports)
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

OH!, it was Xbox's first time skiing in fresh snow over her boot!
TNKen
Intermediate

No face shots, but I did manage a waist shot. 8)

We probably got 3 or 4 inches of freshie.

Ken