The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
UABSkiBum
Beginner

Well, our first threat of winter weather has turned into a bust. Temps crept up to just above freezing and we have underdeveloped snow (rain). Most places are around 35 degrees with moderate to heavy rain. Just a little colder and it would be a powder day in my backyard! :evil:
SkiCop
Expert

I live on top of the mountain and it was three degrees warmer up there than it is here in town. No snow at any point during the night according to the night shift.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

Not a complete bust. Cloudmonts web site is advertising six inches of new snow. The question I have is this natural snow or were they able to blow in marginal temperatures?
SkiCop
Expert

I hear that six inches is six inches. I'm not really picky about how it got there, but I would assume that they had the guns running last night to boost the freshies.
bamapilot
Expert

What a waste all that excitement was. Got nothing in Pinson, the temps were below freezing before the rain, but the moisture came with warmer air, boooo. Oh well, THE CLOUDMONT still got 6 inches so it wasn't a total waste.

Now I'm in Tampa, FL and there is definitly no snow here. Maybe this coming up weekend will be better.
SkiCop
Expert

Still raining like pouring piss out of a boot here.
bamapilot
Expert

It was raining when I left this morning, fortunatly it should be gone when I get back this evening.
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

we had a sleet/snow (mostly sleet) mix for an hour last night b4 it all turned to a cold rain....sleeted for a few min here at work around 11am this morning though

we can always hope for the wed and sat systems though
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

It was sleeting here in the dirty dirty Cola for a bit this morning, but it's nothing but a cold rain on and off. I'm sad.
skiatlanta
Advanced

I feel sorry for all the kids that procrastinated in their homework cause they thought there was gonna be a snow day, but most of all, Im pissed cause I wanted to ski.