The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

we had about 15 minutes of really wet heavy snow in Canton, GA about 9 O'Clock this morning. Just enough to cover the grass and then it went to all rain. Pretty bad when you take a pic of such minimal amount of snow.. AAAHHH to live in the south!
bamapilot
Expert

Atleast you got pics of it, here in Bama we didn't even get a chance to get that, atleast not in Birmingham. Good job with the cam. I think all of us that live in AL live just a bit to far south to have seen any good snow, although they did get 6 inches at THE CLOUDMONT per their website.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

I had some sleet/ ice on my truck this morning. We ended up with nearly four inches of rain today. Could you imagine what it would have been like had it been just a few degrees colder???? People thought that the March 1993 storm was bad- this would have made that storm look like a warm sunny day!
admin

I was thinking the same thing. If we had some really cold air in place we would have been dumped on. My rain gauge is at 2 + inches. But again, we live in the south!
bamapilot
Expert

I guess when you only get snow every 3-4 years and a good snow maybe every 15 years we get excited over anything. One day I will live where we get all 4 seasons.
admin

yeah, my powder shot blows away any of those Utah summit pics!!!!!

LOL
ski11
Intermediate

skiatlanta wrote:
I feel sorry for all the kids that procrastinated in their homework cause they thought there was gonna be a snow day, but most of all, Im pissed cause I wanted to ski.

haha I know what your talking about. so now i'm typing a paper that was due earlier today. o well
admin

waynecash wrote:

toast wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. If we had some really cold air in place we would have been dumped on. My rain gauge is at 2 + inches. But again, we live in the south!

Cool, Canton GA huh. Toast we need to road trip together some day...

Lemme know. I've been doing well on the CAT day trip. Leave at 5 home by 8. I'm still holding a couple of sick days at work in my pocket. If I see a decent snow coming, I'll be calling in sick and hitting the CAT. You do any weekday trips?
jeffryc
Expert

I'm thinking about going up to the Cat on Thursday night from Atlanta. I'm going to leave work early and try to be there by 530p. If anyone's interested let me know.
bamapilot
Expert

Expecting a rain/snow mix at THE CLOUDMONT starting about 2 pm on Wednesday. Another possible EPIC day at the 'mont lining up for Thursday.

Also expecting a rain/snow mix in Birmingham Wed night. Lets all get vamped up for another run at the snow.