The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

top of the world.....

this is the view from the top of the entrance to to gully 1 2 and 3
admin

to be quite honest.....I don't care if its snowing or not.....

when they have blue bird days and cold nights.....makes it a little icy and keeps the rest of the chowderhounds off of the steep stuff.....
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Quote:
MONTANA '07 SKINC SUMMIT BABY!!!!!

not missin' that one....
teledave
Expert

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
to be quite honest.....I don't care if its snowing or not.....

when they have blue bird days and cold nights.....makes it a little icy and keeps the rest of the chowderhounds off of the steep stuff.....

I'm a pow-pow-pow-powderhound, gimme freshies all day long and you'll see a big smile on my face.

We gonna ski TBC next year P?
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
Markhpnc
Intermediate

Dang, so fast already. It is March 5-11 right? I need to check on this.
admin

I am going to borrow a transceiver from my friend and I can get a shovel......I am interested in the big couloir.....but i am more interested in the north summit snowfields going down great falls to the deep water bowl at moonlight....

4100 feet of vert....

some of the sights along the way

choke point......1/4 of the way down

1/3 of the way down below the choke point

from the point in the picture above there is still 2500 feet of vert before you get back to the lift........

from the bottom it would take a combo of 4 lifts to get back to the top

ride the moonlight six shooter.....ski back to the base of big sky......take the swift current quad.....ski to the the triple......then ski to the tram.....check out with patrol.....round trip minimum 1 hour.....
admin

i guess I'm just happy to be able to end my season on a good note......I always spend my last days of the season in Montana......and I like for it to snow and all.....but to get the chance to ski with friends and not be on the clock.....thats what its all about......I open the Outdoor Center about 4 days after I get back......and then it's canoe and kayak city until It snows again......7 days a week....sun up til sun down
g8erhater
Advanced

GreshamB wrote:
MONTANA '07 SKINC SUMMIT BABY!!!!!

Yes.
admin

you think there were alot of pics from Utah.......wait till I melt the server with Montana pics and I hijack every thread :twisted:
TNKen
Intermediate

Yeah, but we're going to have to look at Whistler pics before then!!

Ken