The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

please take at least a 1000.....i love that place....
dreamnofpow
Expert

P-diddy... looking forward to your report, I've been wanting to go to Big Sky since it opened.

Whistler can be hit or miss because of it's elevation and proximity to the ocean. Luckily I rode there when they got 4 feet of snow. The village is great for partying though! :wink:
admin

hey pow.....I cant wait.....this will be 6th trip there.....I have always loved the place......because of the terrain and the total lack of crowds....

I'm gonna unlock the door on about a 1000 acres I have never even got a chance to ride on at Big Sky and explore another 750 at moonlight that I have never rode on....

and this trip I think I'm staying there the whole time.....Instead of moving around daily from resort to resort
admin

off the lone tree lift at moonlight
jamsandwich
Expert

GreshamB wrote:
shots to my face if possible...got a few facials out in Utah

Taken out of context, this sounds a little too real for comfort.
Markhpnc
Intermediate

parisandrewsdaddy wrote:
I am going to borrow a transceiver from my friend and I can get a shovel......I am interested in the big couloir.....but i am more interested in the north summit snowfields going down great falls to the deep water bowl at moonlight....

4100 feet of vert....

some of the sights along the way

choke point......1/4 of the way down

1/3 of the way down below the choke point

from the point in the picture above there is still 2500 feet of vert before you get back to the lift........

from the bottom it would take a combo of 4 lifts to get back to the top

ride the moonlight six shooter.....ski back to the base of big sky......take the swift current quad.....ski to the the triple......then ski to the tram.....check out with patrol.....round trip minimum 1 hour.....

I heard that this year they do not require it for the Big Couloir
admin

read this today.....doesn't look like we can get down to the Big Couloir......you have to use the upper part of the north summit snowfield

and this happened.....

Also new this season is the North Snowfield, a bowel-loosening expanse that hits 50 degrees in spots and where the only exit is via further pro-level chutes. The Snowfield opened for a few days around Christmas before a single 10 ft deep slab slid and stripped the entire expanse back down to rock.

:cry:

but no worries there is plenty.....and I mean plenty of steep stuff

did you see whats up with a tick......I still have to talk to the twins and Jarrod and see if they are going to get the guesthouse in Bozeman....

I'm going to go to the mountain on Sunday and I will see them then.....time to restoke these girls fire....
Markhpnc
Intermediate

Just sent you an email I got my tix
admin

I sent you mail......I got it figured out about getting you in Billings..... :D
admin

It's official......

Lewis/p daddy

will be joind by Clark/Markhpnc......on a scouting mission in Montana for next years summit......

the scouting party will be arriving in Montana on the 4th/5th of March

some by car....... some by plane......

rumor has it that a blond pair of 19 year old snowboarding twins......

will be possibly getting us into The Yellowstone Club

If we are VERY lucky....

The two twins will be referred to in all future correspondence as

Smokahontas and Suckajawea......

also accompanying me on this trip is my trusty scout and ski technician...forever known as J Rod Peterspray

Sponsored snowboarder ....Montana veteran....Straight edge Tennessee redneck.....aka the designated driver....