The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

I've found that it helps to have 4 wheel drive to go down a mountain and arrive at the bottom intact. When I put the 'Hoe in 4 Low, it locks all 4 wheels together and helps prevent any slippage. The braking forces are distributed more evenly that way. Chevy's ABS sucks beans.
bamapilot
Expert

Good news and bad news, won't make it Friday night but will be there Saturday. Might actually work out for the best if it rains on Friday night and then snows on Saturday. What does everyone think about being there on Saturday???
SkiCop
Expert

I have to go to Rainsville to my uncle's house that afternoon. It wouldn't be impossible to cut out early a go back on Sat.
bamapilot
Expert

Plans are being made and the weather is being watched. Will be there Saturday, hoping for more snow than rain. Everyone that goes on Friday night, be sure to get pics and post, and be ready to give a snow report. For everybody that makes it on Saturday, I will see you there. I'll be in a black bid and yellow jacket, could be boarding or skiing, I'm taking both.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

First I said "damn, gotta go to the mont" then I checked mapquest. 377 mls. to ski a bump just ain't workin for me. I am leaning on my program director pretty heavy to get up to Cat the w/e of Feb 18. Anybody else going to Cat that w/e?
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

hnhbaxter wrote:
First I said "damn, gotta go to the mont" then I checked mapquest. 377 mls. to ski a bump just ain't workin for me. I am leaning on my program director pretty heavy to get up to Cat the w/e of Feb 18. Anybody else going to Cat that w/e?

You could always detour to the Mont on the way to or from the Cat.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
You could always detour to the Mont on the way to or from the Cat.

Nah, its just too out of the way. Cat appears to be the best resort and still within striking distance. I am also using the "hey hon, you can go to the Biltmore while I ski" angle. The Mont provides has no such diversions. Hope you peeps have a great time. As usual, post the TR and pix.
SkiCop
Expert

Will do. The pics will be boomber.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
Will do. The pics will be boomber.

Just as long as they are semi clear we will be good. Try not to get too much high mountain pow pow on the lens :D
bamapilot
Expert

Skicop better come off with some good pics and snow report. I want to be able to dream all night Friday night about what I'm getting into on Saturday.

Rock the 'mont '06!!! 8)