The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SC skier
Beginner

My husband and I made a trip up to Wolf Laurel yesterday only to fine they really do NOT have 12 slopes open. If we had known that they were not going to be open to the right side of the Quad, we maybe would have gone to Cat or waited and gone a different day. The main reason for going to Wolf as it is close enough for a day trip and when they are open on both sides of the Quad, you don’t get bored going down the mountain the same way every time. This really irked me as this is false advertising. Also, it looked like they had been blowing snow on the right side for the last two days and there looked to be plenty of coverage but they did not open it because it was not groomed. What they did have open was pretty good conditions and we had a great time but I just don’t feel that they should report that they have 12 slopes open when really they only have about 6 open.
admin

They did this a lot last year.

It was very common to not open the lookers right of the quad except on weekends, probably because they didnt feel like grooming it.
SC skier
Beginner

Oh – I forgot to mention that I called up there on Monday to verify that they were open on the right side and she said yes - so I asked why I never saw anybody show up on the upper webcam on that slope to the right. The lady said that was because they really on had beginners there.
Zeus
Expert

I've never been there myself, and this makes me not want to break that trend.
SKISC
Expert

I have been there once. That was enough.
KneeDeep
Expert

I know in CO most of the resorts have a policy where if you're not satisfied with the conditions (whether it be the snow or the runs open), you can return your lift ticket by 9:30 or 10:00 and get a full refund. Does anyone in NC have this?
Tmiller72
Expert

GreshamB wrote:

KneeDeep wrote:
Does anyone in NC have this?

BWW...Bww.bww...BWHAAHHAAAAAA!!

App used to let you ski free for the first hour that they were open. Can't remember if that was everyday, just weekdays or weekends only.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
KneeDeep
Expert

GreshamB wrote:

KneeDeep wrote:

You may want to read the back of the lift tickets- you'd be surprised what they offer.
Tmiller72
Expert

KneeDeep wrote:

GreshamB wrote:

KneeDeep wrote:

You may want to read the back of the lift tickets- you'd be surprised what they offer.

What do they offer? I just read the back of App and Sugar's ticket, they don't offer anything. In fact, the point out that there are no refunds of any kind.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
KneeDeep
Expert

Well then, that just sucks.