The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Zeus
Expert

here's some pics of memphis snow my Pops just sent me. Crazy that even Memphis has a good amount of accumulation.
admin

Crap! We never got any snow the 4 years I live 1 hour south of Memphis. Not fair.
afrobigfoot
Expert

Axis X wrote:

TNKen wrote:
Very nice shots. Set your sights on a Nikon, sell everything but your soul to get it, you have a great eye.

Ken

I do believe Afro is a Canon man.

When i was choosing what camera i wanted for christmas, i narrowed it down between the one i have now, the Canon A610, and some Nikon, both were with in a $100 of each other, the Canon was 5 MP, the Nikon was 8 MP, but after about 30 minutes of taking just random pictures in best buy, i wasnt really impressed with the Nikon, but was with the Canon, so i went with that. But im hoping in the future (by this fall) to have a lot better camera, i havent really looked at any since i got this camera. Mostly cause my parents will be pretty ticked off and think i dont apreciate what they bought me. and B, i dont want to get my hopes up when i dont have a job right now, i need a car/college tutition before getting another camera. But i do plan on taking a class next semester on photography at the local community college here.
Axis X
Beginner

The 610 is a very fine camera that allows you to really go beyond the basics of photography and offers apeture and shuter priority along with manual settings. These are the things you need to be really creative with your photos. The 610 will be my next purchase.

The next step up in the Canon line is the "prosumer" line of the excellent S1 Pro and G6. Many pros use these as their point and shoots.

After that, the fun begins with SLR cameras and all the lenses and gadgets that go with them. Been down that road with 35mm, don't think I will with digital.
afrobigfoot
Expert

I pretty much only use the Shutter Priority (spelling?) setting, or the manual setting, for what ever i do, it gives me a lot of freedom, but it takes a lot of experimentation to find what exactly you like. I havent had the camera for 2 months yet, but by the weekend ill be well over 4000 pictures taken with it, more than i took with my last camera (Kodak easy share), i had that camera for about 8 months, and about 4 times more than i ever took with the HP i had for over a year.

Sometimes i think i too many pictures, i counted all of the ones that ive taken so far, and im averaging like 79 pictures a day.
Tmiller72
Expert

In my backyard.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
skiing rules
Expert