The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dj
Advanced

My son at I skied Wolf today. I must say is was a bit disappointed - it was pretty crowded, total novices strewen about absolutely everywhere, and the lifts are really slow. I think Wolf would really bebefit from a dedicated begineer lift like Cat's Easy Way lift.

Even with the slow lifts, the lines didn't get too bad until the double chair derailed and was shut down. Johnny Goin, a manager, told me that the derail was caused by someone falling while loading the chair, the attendant pulled the chair to the side to keep it from hitting her, and the cable derailed. I heard people saying they'd been stick for more than an hour and 15 minutes. The following pics shows the rescue:

As you can see below, the list line for the quad got real long, real quick

I complained to Johnny Goin over the general disappointment of the day and he did give me two comp tickets. I'm not even sure we'll use them - it just wasn't a very good experience. We enjoy Cat MUCH more.

When we left at 2:00, there were cars parked all the way down to Punchon F o r k (why is THAT profanity?) Road and even a ways along it - I guess it was just a REALLY busy day.

dj
jamsandwich
Expert

jesus sweezus! that is the longest line i have ever seen!

i would demand full refund if i had to be rescued off the lift like that, especially if i had sat for an hour and a half first.

sorry to hear about the poor time today. let me know if you dont use those comps, i'll buy them off you.
Joel_Maners
Beginner

Uh... Not good

not good at all

:(
g8erhater
Advanced

I have always wanted to see pics of a lift rescue. That is nuts. That would take soooooooo long if the lift had hundreds of chairs and was a quad.
SkiCop
Expert

I'll bet the patrollers would dung themselves if you whipped out a rope and rappelled down just as they got to you. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
admin

Hey Yanceyman - give it a rest on the Lorrie POD situation. For the record, the REASON she's had a three day streak on POD is that NOBODY ELSE sent an image in that day. I could use days old photos but we don't do that when there are new ones.

For you guys who are tired of her being on the front - send pics.

For you who think she shouldn't be leading the on-snow reporter of the season, she has 8-1 sent more photos that even Kent Jackson and 20-1 over Mark. It ISN'T a PHOTO of the season contest. It's a reporter of the season contest.

Mike
snowbird
Advanced

hey mike,

what you should do is def pick the best photo of the season. no matter where it is sent in from. just pick top 3 photos of the season. im sure someone other than her will be in all top 3 spots. no prize needed just straight up bragging rights.

include pics from the utah summit.

thats what skinc needs to see. and post that pic up for the entire off season.