The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

Ober's website say's that they have everything open except for Alpine Way and Grizzly and are making snow on the Griz right now. It should be open in a few days. Wooooooooooooooo.
bamapilot
Expert

When was the last time they had Alpine Way open?? If they get that open it should alleviate some of the congestion at the bottom of the hill during the holiday open.
SkiCop
Expert

I want to say last season but it may have been the one before that. They had everything open and you're right, I lapped Alpine for over an hour on a busy weekend and usually skiied straight to the chair.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

bamapilot wrote:
When was the last time they had Alpine Way open?? If they get that open it should alleviate some of the congestion at the bottom of the hill during the holiday open.

Last time Alpine Way was open was two seasons ago. It was also the last time Grizzly was open. I can't wait for next weekend. Looks like Grizzly laps are in my future! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
SkiCop
Expert

Will your wife be going with you to Ober? My wife wants to know.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
Will your wife be going with you to Ober? My wife wants to know.

Yes she will but she can't ski because future UABSkiBum hasn't arrived yet! ! !
SkiCop
Expert

Ohhhhhh, how quickly I forget. She can still eat can't she? We need to grab a bite while we're there.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
Ohhhhhh, how quickly I forget. She can still eat can't she? We need to grab a bite while we're there.

Oh boy can she eat. Tonight it was fried pickles at a little place called Dessie's up in Mentone. They have really good catfish but she is going after the fried pickles and no I am not eating those with her!
SkiCop
Expert

11" of new natural snow. Griz is now open. If it can hold for a week, I'm gonna get me some.
SkiCop
Expert

Wayne, you need to slip up to Ober next weekend.