The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
UABSkiBum
Beginner

Indeed my wife and I went to the Mont tonight (Saturday night and yes I realize that it is technically Sunday morning). They had one slope open and it lacked about 100 feet of being all the way to the top. We had a really nice snow shower driving in just as we crossed into DeKalb County (southern part of the county on I-59). It only lasted about ten miles and then stopped. As we got to Cloudmont there was another very brief snow shower as I stood in line waiting to get my lift ticket and it stopped nearly as fast as it started. Temps ran about 30 degrees with a stiff north wind blowing. Huge crowd tonight with a ton of begginers. I don't mind the newbies because that just adds numbers to our sport! But I do have a problem with VERY intoxicated begginers for reasons you can imagine (this one guy really was funny though. We named him Bud- reminded me of Larry the Cable Guy!). Snow conditions were very fast tonight. It was fairly hard pack up top and loose granular at the bottom- decent side to side coverage. I will try to get some pics up in the morning. The wife made some pretty decent videos with her dit cam! Off to sleep!
SkiCop
Expert

Snowbird, the Mont is boomber.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
Snowbird, the Mont is boomber.

Dude- what are you still doing up and awake?
SkiCop
Expert

I've been having a little sinus trouble. Stuffy, headache, can't sleep, sucks.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
I've been having a little sinus trouble. Stuffy, headache, can't sleep, sucks.

Nyquil is a wonderfull drug even if I can't spell it! Get to feeling better. You need to be at Ober next Saturday with Dave and I!
SkiCop
Expert

Gonna try.