The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dreamnofpow
Expert

Drove up to Hawksnest with Scoot Saturday. It started snowing just past Rutherfordton on our way up 221. Conditions were nice, about 3-5" of new snow covering hard pack and ice. I was racing Saturday and Top Gun was the run the course was set on. It was a tough Slalom course and by the end of the race the ruts were exposing grass on Top Gun. It was a fun day and I even won my flight in Division 1!

The day ended with me getting a speeding ticket in Rutherfordton. Lets just say I was going fast enough to get a mandatory court appearance....Hey Ski Cop help a brother out here.

Scoot

Scoot Making some turns

The Course on Top Gun

I won! Torino Here I Come.
dreamnofpow
Expert

um 63 in 35... ouch.
Hawks Park Rules
Beginner

JUST EPIC OVER HERE!!!

A DREAM LAND OF POWDER - ALL DAYY I HAVE FELT LIKE I WAS OUT WEST!!!!
SkiCop
Expert

There shoud be a number to th court magistrate near th bottom or on the back of the ticket. Give them a call and see what you can work out. If you live far enough away, they should help you out by waiving the mandatory court appearance.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Quote:
Wow, that one will cost you, you didnt get arrested? Did they search the car? Damn, I never fly through there.

yeah, I was coming down the hill into town wasn't paying any attention, I normally do, I've made that drive so many times. No search of car, we didn't have anything to hide.[/quote]
dreamnofpow
Expert

The officer was very nice. I'm sure he could have been a real a s s. I was very respectful.
SkiCop
Expert

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.......

Call the court first thing in the morning.
outdoor wood
Intermediate

that sucks,

is that the town where the 35mph starts way out so far it easy to not see?
bowen567
Beginner

drmnofpow wrote:
It was a tough Slalom course and by the end of the race the ruts were exposing grass on Top Gun. It was a fun day and I even won my flight in Division 1!

nice job taking the win. what flight you in? i'm racing the slalom and gs at sugar on the 24th/25th; maybe we can wager a cold beer? btw, got some pics of you from the utah summit you might want; pm me your email address if interested.
snowbird
Advanced

lori was at hawksnest sat. did any1 see here there?

didnt think so.