The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
g8erhater
Advanced

kstid wrote:
:cry: you scare me bird, i never know if you are being sarcastic or not

If in doubt with the bird, it is sarcasm.
snowbird
Advanced

this time its for real. thats the weekend of the summit. and thats something you dont wanna miss trust me on that. the summit will be boobmer.

im gonna be there.

jsut ask the utah summiterrs, and they will tell you when we all get together its nothing but fun, and booomberness.

haha i just made up that word.

the biscuts will be high, and the fluids will be flowing, and there will be gas that is passed.

boobmer of a time will be had.
dreamnofpow
Expert

Quote:
Also, so many people skiing irresponsibly...new skiers on difficult slopes...I cannot even begin to tell you the number of injuries I saw go by...again, I've never seen anything like it.

I would like to see the statistics on injuries in the SE compared to other regions. Somedays at Sugar all you see are skis crossed and the meat wagon going down all day long.

I'm not sure the roads you were driving on, but they were clear and just wet on 221. Conditions were great for speeding!
Axis X
Beginner

ATTENTION NEW POSTERS!!!

No one will get any sympathy from anyone here that skis at any NC mountain on a Saturday, Sugar Mountain especially, and complains about lift lines and crowded slopes!

Do a search the next time before you go and you would have found out Saturdays are by far the worst day of the week. If you would have gone Sunday morning you would have had the place virtually to yourself.
kdawg
Beginner

Overpriced and overcrowded but I thought that was common knowledge.
snowbird
Advanced

I'm not sure the roads you were driving on, but they were clear and just wet on 221. Conditions were great for speeding![/quote]

were they???

knock on wood.
admin

Axis X wrote:
ATTENTION NEW POSTERS!!!

No one will get any sympathy from anyone here that skis at any NC mountain on a Saturday, Sugar Mountain especially, and complains about lift lines and crowded slopes!

Do a search the next time before you go and you would have found out Saturdays are by far the worst day of the week. If you would have gone Sunday morning you would have had the place virtually to yourself.

Thanks...I should have researched it a little more...was kind of a last minute thing and again I think I'm spoiled by the northeast...live and learn I guess and am finding myself strangely addicted to reading this message board...
g8erhater
Advanced

kstid wrote:
am finding myself strangely addicted to reading this message board...

They have a program for that, but all of us were kicked out.
SkiCop
Expert

Yeah, it's twelve steps. The Cat crew ususally makes it to step 4 or 5 on Gresham's chart.
Tmiller72
Expert

Why did the Pinola give away your room at 5pm?? I hope you broke some stuff in the lobby on your way out.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2