The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
KevinS
Beginner

snoskiier wrote:
I haven't skiied at Ski Beech in 20 years. I skiied today and the conditions were great for NC. It would have been a perfect day if it weren't for the fact that some genius decided to put metal slats on the seats of the only chair running to the top of the mountain. My butt's still cold and I won't be going back.

I bet the chairs are alot warmer in mid-april, maybe you should ski then :lol:
teledave
Expert

cbkoontz wrote:
Gresham and Stinky can tell you about raisin bran [profanity omitted].

My butt has never been colder than at PowMow.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
teledave
Expert

How about some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?

almost spewed my Polygamy Porter over that one.

Mmmm, Polygamy Porter
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

teledave wrote:

I love me some peanut butter cups. Especially when somebody has the heat waaaay too low.
TNKen
Intermediate

teledave wrote:

Mmmm, Polygamy Porter

I had a Polygamy Porter shirt somewhere, but somehow it dissappeared. Good stuff to boot.

I was going to ask if he wanted to call the waaaaaambulance, but showed restraint.

Ken
admin

Is this post really real? It doesn't bother me unless I stick my tongue to the steel. Then they let me ride around the bullwheel all day long.
snowbird
Advanced

My butt has never been colder than at PowMow.[/quote]

mine was nice and cold as well, but mark and i and gatom and indoorwood, ahd to keep it real and ride till last chair. we wwere havinga boomber of a time at pow mtn. it was awesome snow and powder runs all day long. didnt wanna quit and regret it later so we stayed out with cold wet butts and saggy pants.
admin

GreshamB wrote:
mark rode bell to bell every friggin day out there. My favorite day was waiting in the lineup for LCC, knowin' mark was back there gettin' antsy as hell! Classic...

"Hey you guys ready for some lunch when we get up there?"
snowbird
Advanced

cbkoontz wrote:

GreshamB wrote:
mark rode bell to bell every friggin day out there. My favorite day was waiting in the lineup for LCC, knowin' mark was back there gettin' antsy as hell! Classic...

"Hey you guys ready for some lunch when we get up there?"

sure enough.

glad mark got on that last tram ride up with me. iw oulda beeen pissed if i didnt make a snowbird tram and i was in utah for a week. but mark squeezed it out and made the tram. i wish we could rode longer at the bird, but it was all good. i had a boomber of a time regardless. thanks to every1 that went. and mark did have his thong wadded up waiting in that line. i had a thong as well that day. its still there hopefully ill check when i return i nmarch.