The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Zeus
Expert

A good night at Ober. Easily the best conditions they had in several years. The mountain was open to the top, with the mid-station being closed. Grizzly was closed anf they were making snow on it hard core...every gun they had it seemed was going full force over there. Alpine way looked good, but they did not have it open either...no idea why not, must not have the base down solid yet. The crowd was small, yet there were plenty of local idiots out and about... a lot of Carhartts and camo, with some jeans and starter jacket thrown in for good measure.

Here's looking up from the lodge:

Bear Run from the midstation:

Looking down Bear:

Cub Way:

From the top looking down:

Grizzly was closed...didn't even poach it (TNKen would be proud of me!):

Mogul ridgge looking down:

Sorry these pics kinda stink...using a new camera that wasn't mine, had a hard time getting the shutter right and the lighting kinda stinks at night.

A pretty good time for Ober. To top it off, the staff there were in good spirits, which is the exception and not the rule. maybe they all got some freshies this weekend and are still in a good mood.

Overall 4 lighting bolts out of 5 on a slightly skewed scale (just because its Ober).
teledave
Expert

Nice Zeus. (and I thought the pics were pretty good for night given their lighting)
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
jamsandwich
Expert

nice report. mogul ridge is looking bumplicious, hope it doesnt melt down too bad before the next stretch of snow days.

I need to get out there and try that place.

Report Appreciated!