The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

Jay Hakkinen, perhaps America's best Olympic Biathlete in history, was my freshman year roommate at the University of Vermont. He placed 14 in the 20k individual on Saturday. Just checked results for the sprint results today, and it appears that he's pending disqualification. Did anyone catch the details of this story??? I'm sure he's just adjusting to altitude. He's a good kid.
TNKen
Intermediate

Wonder if I could take this to the Biathalon?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 8)
admin

If it's a 22, you can ski with it.
TNKen
Intermediate

It's a .45, but they make a .22 conversion for it. Only problem is it weighs nearly 10 pounds empty, more with 30 or 50 rounds of ammo.

Ken
admin

The biathlon gets knocked a lot for being an off-the-wall winter sport and olympic event, but I think it's genius -- one of the purest tests of fitness and physical control -- the ability to hone in on one's heart rate, control it, take the shot, and then rev up the cardio again on the skiis. I often wonder how the biathletes would fare in the general XC-ski class of olympians, who would undoubtedly fall short at the biathlon.
g8erhater
Advanced

I have never really gotten into the biathalon. I think it is a cool concept, but it doesn't do it for me.
SkiCop
Expert

The muzzle rise would make the biathalon difficult with Mr. Thompson there. Were it not for that, the rate of fire would save valuable seconds. I recommend the mini-gun.
TNKen
Intermediate

How about this one? Of course we would have to do a team biathalon. I'll pack the beer, you carry the rest.

Ken
SkiCop
Expert

MG42? I'm a little rusty.
TNKen
Intermediate

You got it!!! I'll buy you a beer for that one. 8)

Ken