The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

KneeDeep wrote:
when A-Basin doesn't have the Pali and/or East Wall stuff open.

is there anything else to a basin ? :wink:
admin

Loveland Stats:

Base Elevation: 10,600 ft (3,231 m)

Summit Elevation: 13,010 ft (3,965 m)

Vertical Drop: 2,410 ft (735 m)

Skiable Area: 1,365 acres (553 hectares)

Annual Snowfall: 400 in (1,016 cm)

Snowmaking: 12 %

Number of Lifts: 11

Uphill Lift Capacity: 14,293 per hour

Types of Lifts: 1 Poma Lift

1 Mighty Mite

4 Double Chairs

2 Triple Chairs

3 Quad Chair

Number of Trails: 70

Longest Run: 10,560 ft (3,219 m)
KneeDeep
Expert

^ there you go.

Yeah, there is a little more to A-Basin... the Beach. Spring skiing at AB is amazing. Also, there are actually a few nice little cliff sections just below the East Wall that are usually open early in the season.

Jeffryc, I agree- Breck basically sucks. I go there when I want to cruise around when its nice out.
Philip
Beginner

All this talk has me dreaming of job in Denver with a Colorado Pass for $299.

299! that's insane.
KneeDeep
Expert

The CO Pass with the Vail and BC days (10 of them) is actually $349 this year, $329 last year. I think the $299 is for Keystone/Breck/A-Basin only. Yeah, its a sh*tty deal, huh?
bowen567
Beginner

KneeDeep wrote:
^ there you go.

Yeah, there is a little more to A-Basin... the Beach. Spring skiing at AB is amazing.

definitely so and for many reasons, most of which can't be mentioned in a family-friendly environment such as this. try it; you'll like it.