The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
afrobigfoot
Expert

I got a feeling im going to be the only one there that doesnt/wont drink :D
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

afrobigfoot wrote:

But, can you drive? Some might just need it
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
snowbird
Advanced

cbkoontz wrote:

teledave wrote:
Anyone want to bring a couple of grills (preferably gas), we can do some mad tailgating in the lot. I like SWIX's brat idea, but beer goes down much better with them. Bring the grills, and we'll bring the meat.

Everyone bring at least 12 pack or so (per day)....and I mean EVERYone.

Just trust me.

cb pick me up a few hiney 12 pack keg cans. if you can afford that trash. if not no worries ill have plenty. and some1 needs to remember to bring beer for mblacky hes cheap dont forget it. and he needs to join in on the driking fun, he still has to chug one for the bird. he has yet to throw one down botttoms up with me. at the summit its going down shotgun style hiney keg cans i can throw those down like water. just some1 stop me at 5 or 6 shotguns of 10 minutes later im passed out harmon style.

cb this is gonna be boomber.

blacky yeah well i know we know how to throw down so im not worried about u. thinking about bar hoppin in asheville and all the hot chicks from unc asheville that are gonna be hearing from us, and how we are from hawaii and we are professinal sky divers, and own our own businesses. hmm the drunken stories will be epic.

gresh dont bring wadded panties, bring ones that are nice and ironed so that you can hang with the real men for the night.
SkiCop
Expert

afrobigfoot wrote:

Don't worry there BigFoots, I rarely drink and if I do it would only be one or two.
admin

no worries. you can partake in the meat-fest. i'm hoping to borrow my friend's old school hibatchi -- charcoal and lighter fluid -- somehow burgers never quite taste as good when you do it on the gas grills. if conditions are favorable, i'm lookin' to push my skill set in the morning at the summit, so i won't be imbibing before nooner.
Zeus
Expert

I got abig ol' cooler that i can fill with cheap beer, along with a sampling of my homebrews, fo those of you brave enough to try it.
admin

Zeus wrote:
I got abig ol' cooler that i can fill with cheap beer, along with a sampling of my homebrews, fo those of you brave enough to try it.

I love trying homebrews, bring it.
admin

Hi guys...for the record I can put down some brews. However, does anyone know what the law is about grilling and drinking beer openly in the parking lot at Ski Beech. I kind of have to believe that they or the Beech Mountain police might have an issue with it.

I LOVE to tailgate and it sounds like a full fledged BLAST, but someone may want to look into that.

I know a lot of beer is taken in - quietly...but I don't know about coolers, grills, etc. Could be an issue. Has anyone done that before???
admin

admin wrote:
Hi guys...for the record I can put down some brews. However, does anyone know what the law is about grilling and drinking beer openly in the parking lot at Ski Beech. I kind of have to believe that they or the Beech Mountain police might have an issue with it.

I LOVE to tailgate and it sounds like a full fledged BLAST, but someone may want to look into that.

I know a lot of beer is taken in - quietly...but I don't know about coolers, grills, etc. Could be an issue. Has anyone done that before???

In reference to the beer.......

Do not try this at home.

We are trained professionals. :lol: