The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
extremeskier11
Beginner

The OZ is one hella fun trail, until u reach the bottom and have to ride that slow lift back up.
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Quote:
The OZ is one hella fun trail

The OZ would be one hella fun trail if they increased the pitch a bit...

Actually... talking to one of my friends today about OZ... if Beech were smart they would dig a decent sized pipe on that run and put in a park... they would have every kid on a board this side of the Emerald City skipping down the yellow brick road to Beech.... plus... that run is a good pitch for a park... unlike App... and possibly Hawks (though I've only been to Hawks once)... think about it... they have the guns and the lift and that side of the hill gets the most snow... just a thought
SkiCop
Expert

Hmmmmmm......put all of the park rats on the back side of the mountain where you don't even have to look at them? Where can I send a donation?
admin

SkiCop wrote:
Hmmmmmm......put all of the park rats on the back side of the mountain where you don't even have to look at them? Where can I send a donation?

Actually its kind of fun to watch them not make the gap to the downhill part of the landing on that last kicker at Hawks from the lift. Hurts just watching them smack into the flat/uphill landing.

Not to mention the ones that sit waiting to take a kicker, then they can't successfully get to their feet in time for the jump. In other words, sliding down on their ass struggling to get up the entire way to the jump. Then they end up sitting down in front of it looking back up the hill like this :?

Gotta love holiday weeknds. :lol:
extremeskier11
Beginner

cbkoontz wrote:

SkiCop wrote:

Actually its kind of fun to watch them not make the gap to the downhill part of the landing on that last kicker at Hawks from the lift. Hurts just watching them smack into the flat/uphill landing.

Not to mention the ones that sit waiting to take a kicker, then they can't successfully get to their feet in time for the jump. In other words, sliding down on their [profanity omitted] struggling to get up the entire way to the jump. Then they end up sitting down in front of it looking back up the hill like this :?

Gotta love holiday weeknds. :lol:

Haha
bamapilot
Expert

I'm not a park rat but I do like to spend a little time on the park. But I will agree the best part about the park is watching other riders crash and burn while you're riding the lift back to the top.
jamsandwich
Expert

that is a really good idea.