The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

We have had several people ask us about The Oz Run at Ski Beech. The slope is CLOSED but not because of snow. Gil Adams told us, "There is plenty of snow on Oz. We are experiencing a problem with the lift and that is why it was closed yesterday. We are working on it, but we have no timeline at this point. We have no idea as yet about whether it will be running for this weekend."
SkiCop
Expert

Not a problem unless it is still down for the Summit.
snowbird
Advanced

oh oz run is open?
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

SkiCop wrote:
Not a problem unless it is still down for the Summit.

I hope it is open Sat. (tomorrow) b/c I plan to ski it--just got back from a day at Sugar. Got almost sunburned with sun and temps in the upper 40's
nicski
Beginner

I got to ski it wed pm and the lift was making a terrible noise then. I think I would make sure they had that thing fixed first!
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

yea... I rode it on Tuesday... the wheel at the bottom lift house sounded like it needed a 15 gallon drum of WD40 dumped on it.....
admin

I ran OZ a bunch on thursday it was the best run up there. The lift was very slow tho.
scootergarren
Beginner

I got to ski it yesterday before they closed the trail. I just hated crossing that bridge. Its a shame that Beech couldn't put a small carpet lift on the bridge. I took some pictures of the trail. I'll try and post them later....
admin

just got back from Beech myself......made almost 40 lift rides today.........

ON THE J BAR.......

taught every hour all day.......never got off the bunny hill....... :x

but I did make almost 100 in tips today.....got 98 bucks and couldn't get the last 2 dollars.....

oz was down today......and the snow was quite mushy

and another milestone acheived today........my 4 year old daughter skiied more vertical feet today than I did.......SWEET.....

her first day riding the chairlifts........she skis like a bat out of hel :twisted: l

she wore my wife out at the end of the day trying to keep up with her....

she made about 15+ runs off the small chair and she racked up........about 5000 in vert.....
scootergarren
Beginner

Ok ladies and gents first time posting pics. I thought I had two more pics of the OZ run but as it turns out the pics became a 5 second video. New camera, operator error, or maybe the wicked witch from the west put a spell on the camera, who knows? I had a great time yesterday and weather was great. I am suffering from a little sunburn today, ouch! If someone will tell me how to post the video to a web site, I'll try and post before I retire for the evening.

Wheres the Tinman?

Top of the hill.....

Check out the moguls on Southern Star!