The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Tmiller72
Expert

Bogus Lift Tickets

2-16-2006

With the big Presidents Day Weekend approaching, here’s a word to the wise. Don’t counterfeit lift tickets. Four young men from the coast were busted at Sugar Mountain resort recently. Police say they bought one lift ticket, then attempted to scan and reproduce three more fake ones. Sugar Mountain employees quickly detected the fakes and the four were arrested for larceny and taken to the Avery County jail.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
admin

It happens more often than you think.

I worked at a resort in WV for 6 years and saw this frequently.
jamsandwich
Expert

haha, all you gotta do is ride the halfway pickup lift. those dudes dont even know what a lift ticket is.
admin

ski cop......thats right up your alley.....
skia4life89
Intermediate

so is gunter the owner of sugar, or just the head honcho? i listen to him everymoring, just wondering what his real job is?
SkiCop
Expert

Gunther is the GM, not the owner. And yes, I do love a good counterfeit case. Them there folks be thankin' they be smarter then me. They be wrong.
jamsandwich
Expert

its probably a lot worse to falsify documents and stuff like that after the good old patriot act.

'10 for 2' if you know what i mean.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

CynicalGuy wrote:
It happens more often than you think.

I worked at a resort in WV for 6 years and saw this frequently.

Sugar has that real glossy silver edge trim this year on its lift tix. I know my scanner and printer would not do well reproducing that effect and they are not junk. Beech lift tix on the other hand would probably be fairly simple.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

Ober and Cat would be soooooooo easy......
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

SkiCop wrote:
Ober and Cat would be soooooooo easy......

Never been but I am fixin half of the prob next Friday...Hooowaaa...HNH strikin out for a solo run to the Mtns.

I wonder what kind of sticker paper would you need to make it happen? Folding over basic bond paper would def not do. Although I've seen some pretty lame ID's done on bond that get past the first wave of bouncers @ the club.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger