The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

How about skeleton for a serious rush. 77mph head-first down an ice track. That's got to be better than dope.
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

SkiCop wrote:
How about skeleton for a serious rush. 77mph head-first down an ice track. That's got to be better than dope.

sounds like a floridiot i saw riding thier snowboard like a sled down southern star...
admin

there is a road on Beech Mtn.....called Staghorn Hollow

we lived at the bottom of it for 5 years......

road goes up 3/4 mile and has a vertical of about 500 feet.....

the whole hill has streetlights...

take 5 plastic sleds

5 drunk fools

5 pairs of goggles

5 pairs of leather work gloves

it has 3 turns and 2 straightaways

and you need a truck to get back to the top....

speeds in excess of 40 mph.....

repeat nightly all season when it snows.... :P

we lived skeleton before these chumps ever knew what it was.......

the sled of choice

steer with your hands and laying head first.....

in the turns....man do they powerslide
skiatlanta
Advanced

haha, good stuff. I can remember a time sledding when I was really little I was sleeding in a park by my house. All the good steep hills they had had buildings at the bottom. So you would have to bail out at the last minute. So the last time I went, I didn't bail out. My sister said soemthing and I got distracted, and I saw the wall coming at me. I wasn't going fast, so I hit the wall and stopped, but my head didn't. It felt like I just bumped it but my sister started screaming at me to put my head in the snow. Of course, I didn't. I had no idea I was bleeding till I obeyed my sister's demands so she would shut up. So ater that it kinda sucked.