The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

And its only 1030, give it another 2 hours or so.

:shock:
extremeskier11
Beginner

You should have seen Sugar the line for the yellow lift and green lift were back to back. Thats even b4 many people made it to the slopes. It was so ridiculous people were parking down by Alpine Ski Center and walking up.
jamsandwich
Expert

jeesus sweesus. im so glad i didnt get up at 5 to drive up there today.
SkiCop
Expert

extremeskier11 wrote:
You should have seen Sugar the line for the yellow lift and green lift were back to back. Thats even b4 many people made it to the slopes. It was so ridiculous people were parking down by Alpine Ski Center and walking up.

I've been there when it was like that. I was able to lap Big Red most of the day with little to no wait. People just don't seem to want to stop at that lift instead of skiing all the way down. Oh well, their loss is my gain.
jamsandwich
Expert

thats because big red is so boring. entirely too boring to do it more than once.
SkiCop
Expert

Not if the only other option is to wait in line for twenty minutes. At night, when Big Red freezes over, it's far from boring. You can work on the ice technique.
jamsandwich
Expert

wasnt it you saying the oz run is flat?
SkiCop
Expert

Not me, that was skiatlanta. I enjoy the blacks, but I can also ski the greens and still have fun, so why leave out the blues. Ski everything.
jamsandwich
Expert

the line at wolf laurel is still as long at 9pm as it was when it was 2pm
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

jamsandwich wrote:
the line at wolf laurel is still as long at 9pm as it was when it was 2pm

I am glad that the resorts are crowded for two reasons...

First, good business tends to lead to to expansion plans. We had a good thread going a couple months ago about Hawks expanding.

Second, let em all get good and tired so next w/e the summiteers have blue skies and open slopes... :D
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger