The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
BirdDawg
Beginner

Longtime lurker, finally got around to signing up. I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself and family.

We're in Athens Ga. and love to ski. I've been fortunate to get my kids out West for the past 5 years and they have followed in my footsteps of loving the snow. They have never experienced East Coast skiing but that's for another topic.

Here's a couple of shots from Steamboat taken with my video camera.
XboxChick
Intermediate

Welcome to the board
dreamnofpow
Expert

Welcome, I recognize that pic. Steamboat Springs CO.
jamsandwich
Expert

you ain't real unless you can shred that carolina hardpack.

welcome to the board
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Welcome, Now to be accepted here you HAVE to make at least 1 trip to a NC resort this season! Next weekend at Beech ! Ill be there!!! Jusst kidding...no Im not. We have members who live in Colorado.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
BirdDawg
Beginner

2slikstix wrote:
Welcome, Now to be accepted here you HAVE to make at least 1 trip to a NC resort this season! Next weekend at Beech !

Actually, that's kinda funny, I'm shooting for the week of March 12th, Spring Break, at Beech if they don't suck up all the snow off the slopes and save it for next year.......... :lol: But that's gonna be for another thread. 8)
g8erhater
Advanced

Welcome Birddawg. I was in the Classic City earlier today on my way to NC. Go Dawgs!
extremeskier11
Beginner

Tell me about Steamboat I am suppose to be going in March.
BirdDawg
Beginner

extremeskier11 wrote:
Tell me about Steamboat I am suppose to be going in March.

Hands down the best place I've experienced so far with Kids. Excellent Kids program that we took advantage of for the first 2 days. Gave my wife and I time to experience the whole Mnt. and get our ski legs under us.

Once the kids joined us we spent alot of time skiing over at the Sunshine lift. Tomahawk, Flintlock, Quick Draw and High Noon. On the opposite side also really enjoyed Buddy's Run.

For lunch on the mountain you cann't go wrong but I remember especially the Mashed Potatoes at the Four Points Hut are Legendary. I lost 3-4 hours near the base of the Christy Lift at a slopeside outdoor hamburger, nachos and beer place. This seemed to happen a couple of times...... 8)

We booked our trip thru Steamboat's central reservation center. Kids skied free and got free airplane tickets. Cann't remember the name of the condos but they were 100 yards from the slope. Real easy walk. Put our stuff in a locker everyday and night. Didn't need a car. Shuttle bus was timely and convient to go to old downtown.

Cool place, I wish we were going back, I hope you have a great time extremeskier11.............next place out West for us is Big Sky.
SkiCop
Expert

I think Big Sky is on the list for the '07 Summit.