The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

ICEHOCEY77 wrote:
Yes, but those players before coming to the NHL played on international ice, whereas the North Americans usually play to the NHL ice. It seems like a little difference, but it really does matter. As for the rule changes, this is not being officiated by NHL refs, but IIHF refs. You have seen the European officials allowing more clutching,grabbing,and screening than what was permitted in the NHL this season. Also, Chelios is a Defenseman, not a forward, and a 44 year old Defenseman at that....

Makes sense concerning the players backrounds, I did not factor that in

I can also see your point about the clutching and grabbing but I see the play as being somewhere in between the previous NHL rules and the current.

My bad on the Chelios reference, I gotta get the brain engaged here...

Overall I'm gonna agree w/ you.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

ICEHOCEY77 wrote:

SkiCop wrote:
Overpaid prima donnas.............

Baseball called, they want their title back....

Yeah. I quit watching that trash when they went on strike in, what, early 1994? Pansies.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:

ICEHOCEY77 wrote:

SkiCop wrote:
Overpaid prima donnas.............

Baseball called, they want their title back....

Yeah. I quit watching that trash when they went on strike in, what, early 1994? Pansies.

I still sit through a college game a couple times a yr.. It is still reasonably pure.
SkiCop
Expert

I can tolerate college sports for the most part. I don't get into it to the point of saying, "we beat y'all or we've got the best team." Who is "we?" It makes me think they've gt a mouse in their pocket or something. I do get into high school football. They play not for money or the hopes of money, but for the love of the game.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
I can tolerate college sports for the most part. I don't get into it to the point of saying, "we beat y'all or we've got the best team." Who is "we?" It makes me think they've gt a mouse in their pocket or something. I do get into high school football. They play not for money or the hopes of money, but for the love of the game.

HS athletics are a little too sloppy for my spectator taste but it can be fun. I will probaly change my tune if one of the offspring start participating...Kids can def alter the paradigm
SkiCop
Expert

I've got a 22 month old son, and I'm planning ahead.
hnhbaxter
Expert

SkiCop wrote:
I've got a 22 month old son, and I'm planning ahead.

almost 2 is a way cool age. W/ that I bid goodnight...my 2 1/2 yr. old just awoke w/ a little dream prob.