The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

Later. If I win, I'll hook you up.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

waynecash wrote:
Its time to crash so I can get up and go to work and get this week over with so I can come play this weekend in the mountains with my crazy a$$ freinds.

I cant wait to ski, I need to get a knee brace this week, my knee is hurting.

Peace...Maybe I will win some tickets this week, Mike said he would give some more away this week.

PARTY ON WAYNE
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
SkiCop
Expert

Party on Garth.......

I wish I had known Wayne when we were both younger.
TNKen
Intermediate

Naaw, gonna miss you guys this weekend. Going to a little mountain called Whistler on Wednesday. Which reminds me, I've got to start packing sometime.

You guys will be left in the capable hands of the rest of the crowd. I was thinking about a meeting place. You might want to call administration and see if there is a room where you can hang out. Sometimes they have one near the underground for groups.

Trying to get all the pics downloaded so I can get one or two up. Wife had nearly 200 on the card so it's taking a while this morning.

Ken
angel
Advanced

waynecash wrote:
My pockets will be empty Saturday.

And if they are not empty, and it's money that's in there, your son will take care of that for you! At least that's what my kids would do! :)
Mellow Yellow
Advanced

Quote:
Saw Mellow, he blew up his boots and was riding (floundering around) on a traditional board

That about sums it up... notes to all aspiring soft boot carvers

1 ~ don't set your angles past 50ish degrees

2 ~ get a stiff board

I has just gotten off the lift with my new ride and had a feeling somebody was starring at me... so I look up at the patrol shack (at the top of beech) and notice this patroller talking to another patroller... pointing and laughing at me.... hmmmmm... yep.. it was Ken... having a good laugh on my predicament... :wink: My first run I had my angles set somewhere around 68 degrees front and back.... I couldn't even stand up..... so after falling about 20 times I took the baord off and bumped the angles to about 60 each... hmmmm... I'm able to stand up and ride... but not really angulate the board.... so I crank the angles to somewhere in the 50's... well what do you know... I can ride even "better" and angulate... but man do these angles feel weird.... so after another run I catch up to my buddy and tell him "watch this"... I try a heelside and wash out... than I try a toeside.... I railed that poor deck so hard it almost snapped.... my buddy said... "don't do that again".... so I quit...
g8erhater
Advanced

Mellow--I put my pants on just like everyone else--one leg at a time. Only, when I put on my pants, I make gold records.
admin

TNKen wrote:
Naaw, gonna miss you guys this weekend. Going to a little mountain called Whistler on Wednesday. Which reminds me, I've got to start packing sometime.

You guys will be left in the capable hands of the rest of the crowd. I was thinking about a meeting place. You might want to call administration and see if there is a room where you can hang out. Sometimes they have one near the underground for groups.

Trying to get all the pics downloaded so I can get one or two up. Wife had nearly 200 on the card so it's taking a while this morning.

Ken

Have fun in Whistler, I'm HookedOnBC, you should be too! You should go to a place called Amsterdam Cafe in the main village. When we were there a few weeks ago, we saw a girl walking around without a shirt(at this bar), just ski pants and a hat. I thought it was pretty funny and my husband was begging to go back the rest of the week. They do some interesting things in Canada.
XboxChick
Intermediate

g8erhater wrote:
Mellow--I put my pants on just like everyone else--one leg at a time. Only, when I put on my pants, I make gold records.

i've seen ppl put pants on both legs at a time and fall over...hilarity ensued and i laughed my bum off
TNKen
Intermediate

Hooked, thanks for the heads up on the Amsterdam Cafe. A bunch of the crowd has been looking for some similar places.

Ski's edged and packed, rest of the junk piled up. New goggles, new brain bucket and goggs for Lz. Waiting on tomorrow 8)

Ken