The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

Anyone used Priceline for Boone hotels?

Just wondering what you bid??
Philip
Beginner

never used pline for boone... however I use it ALL the time for other travel. It's almost a second religion to me.

the easy answer to your question.... check out http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandex ... dingfrm199

they've got a strict moderator. but very helpful.

also, check out betterbidding.com.

I also have downloaded sidestep and travelaxe software programs. These are helpful in finding the cheapest places geographically.

As a helpful hint, check out the rates on Hotwire, then discount those rates by at least 25%. That is what a reasonable winning bid will be. Most hotels that use Hotwire also use Pline.

let me know if you need more help.
admin

Thanks!

I asked for help on P-Line, but they won't give bidding help because I am not bidding immediately and I couldn't give them an answer for the re-bid zone. The closest re-bid zone is Lenoir and I don't want to stay that far away. I'll look at Hotwire and come up with a bid from their rate. I'd just rather pay $50 for Boone vs. $130, ya know!

I'll post how it goes in case others want to try for themselves...