The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

I was in Boone/Blowing Rock on the weekend of the 18th of Feb, and went to rent some snowboards for my sister and one of her friends. My sister called ahead to First Tracks in Boone on Highway 105 and asked when they closed. She was told 11:00 P.M.; I went to take the girls to rent at the shop at about 10:00 and they had already closed. We knocked on the door to ask a young lady about the confusion and she rudely replied to our question. We were then told not to come back by the same girl in again rude tone. We were left puzzled by the situation and wondered if anyone else had recieved similar treatment by this store. Please re-post with any suggestions or other Boone city limit rental shops. I am not here to slander or rant on the shop, but i am seeking advice.

J.D.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

I rarely rent, but if they dont want the business, there are plenty more that do. Alpine, 2 locations, Extreme {898-snow} these guys will help.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jamsandwich
Expert

alpine is the shiznit. always great service, pretty good prices.
admin

They probably closed early when they rented out all their stuff. I heard Saturday broke all previous records for crowds. I rented at the Alpine place and they were extremely nice. Three employees approached me when I walked through the door. They also refunded my money for an extra day rental that I didn't ski. It was all good there.
SKISC
Expert

I have never been to the Alpine Ski Center in Boone but the guys at the one in Greenville are extremely helpful and customer oriented. Give them a try next time.
kdawg
Beginner

but maybe you could buy some stuff of your own and that way you can't complain.
admin

I had a similiar experience the one time I went there. Try Snow Toys in Banner Elk.
jamsandwich
Expert

:lol: i've rented from, bought a complete outfit from, and talked with the employees of the alpine ski center here in charlotte, and i dont think they could be any more helpful or courteous. try them next time, you won't be disappointed.
SkiCop
Expert

You can always call ahead and make reservations for rental equipment.