The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dreamnofpow
Expert

He looks completely unprepared and tired. All the Nike commercials show him as a "rebel" he does what he wants, while the commentators seem to praise him for drinking and partying. What a great role model for young US skiers. I hope his sponsors drop him. He deserves to lose.

Ok, I feel better now. Are we drinking at the Summit?
afrobigfoot
Expert

Water!
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

afrobigfoot wrote:
Water!

mixed wiht hops and barley and yeast, then fermented and bottled
afrobigfoot
Expert

Alright, if youre underage, poor, driving home after im done, dont drink, like me...

... water!
SkiCop
Expert

I'll have water in my Camelsack.
jamsandwich
Expert

i have water in my .... sack as well
teledave
Expert

GreshamB wrote:

MBlacky1051 wrote:
I'm gonna have non-alcoholic beer!

I say we just go ahead and arrange for a keg of o'doulls...

HEEEL YEAH...it'll be like we are in utah again....

Sad, but true.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
admin

GreshamB wrote:

I say we just go ahead and arrange for a keg of o'doulls...

For Mr. Stinky.
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

drmnofpow wrote:
He looks completely unprepared and tired. All the Nike commercials show him as a "rebel" he does what he wants, while the commentators seem to praise him for drinking and partying. What a great role model for young US skiers. I hope his sponsors drop him. He deserves to lose.

Ok, I feel better now. Are we drinking at the Summit?

The saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity. How much coverage do you think Bode would get outside the ski world, if he didn't come out with this 'rebel' persona? Hell, he's been featured on 60 minutes and even PTI/Sportscenter had devoted time in their shows for them to discuss what they think of his antics (Not that they know what they're talking about). But it still is generating some buzz, regardless if you think it's in a negative light. Nike truely is a master at creating buzz for their endorsee's....just wait until the Bode line of ski equipment hits shelves, that is if Bode can ever start winning again.