The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
TNKen
Intermediate

A few pics from the weekend.

A shot looking north toward Virginia. The mountain on the horizion is 69 miles away near Lebanon Virginia. The very faint mountain on the horizon on the right side over the blue slope sign is Big Walker Mountain, in West Virginia.

One of my twins and her very tall cousin, Chuck.

Part of the Sunday crew. There's probably over 100 years of patrolling in that pic. Me in the upper right back row.

I promise, I'll try to get some action shots in Whistler.

Ken
BirdDawg
Beginner

Kewl shots.......... 8)
SKISC
Expert

Nice pictures. It is really amazing how far you can see on a clear day in the mountains.
b2
Beginner

very in formative- they should have a labeled pic of the horizon showing the visisble features- definitiely adds to the experience.
Murphy
Beginner

I believe Big Walker is actually in Virginia but it's still pretty far from Beech. There are actually several 4000'+ mountains in that area including those that surround Burkes Garden.
admin

Cool pics! I'm in the upper left. Khaki hat with the goatee. Ken is THE MAN!!
ut_Twintip
Intermediate

i didnt think rodney skiied anymore
TNKen
Intermediate

ut_Twintip wrote:
i didnt think rodney skiied anymore

On bluebird days, when the snow is good, the crowd is light, and his back feels like it. He can still rip. He and Jay went to the Heuga Finals in Vail with us for two years. I can't keep up with him when he's on.

Ken