The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

The "Remember When" thread

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
pagamony
Advanced

and fun! and people talked about skiing and exploring new places. ahh...

We stopped in Chattanooga last week for two days. What a great city. Big river, kayaks, sup, cliffs, hiking, mountains, trains, back roads, hiking, brew pubs, nice downtown. who knew ? we'll do that again.
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

Nooga is a cool place. We have spent a some time their. The Ruby Falls cave is one of the coolest things
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

I remember when everyone would post without fear of cops being called on parties, people imposing their will on everyone else, and work being left out of it all. That innocence is gone. The better than yous killed the good times vibe. Ill admit I was responsible for the Chicken at the last party. RIP Jerrome! coolest cock ever! I dont try to arrange them anymore. Personally I have slowed up posting my stuff because 1. I dont go as much anymore, 2. Im 10 yrs older and a lot smarter about what I say. 3. would rather share the times I have had with people I trust. pretty simple. not saying that it cant be fun again. Who knows. we may try again this year
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
jeffryc
Expert

Count me in. I remember when I started this tread !
MrClemsonKeri
Expert

I remember when we all had fun in parking lots with food and pets.
scotus
Intermediate

I remember when this place was interesting....... :cry:
pagamony
Advanced

scotus wrote:I remember when this place was interesting....... :cry:
freaking old timers. lets bring back the beech summit this year, unofficial !
jeffryc
Expert

The Beech Summit was rarely official. The first few were organized, excuse me, put together by,. the regulars on the board. I even put one together. So you can start now. Pick a weekend, start the Official pagamony Beech Mountain Summit Thread, and we'll see you there :)
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

I remember meeting Jeffryc... talks like an oldschool radio DJ.. skis til the lifts close..and once stole teledaves pants... :lol:

....and he has seen more rock and roll shows than everyone that has ever posted on this deadhorse put together!

I agree, it about time for a good oldschool SkiNC get together this season...

If you are really interested in meeting hundred's of cool people that ski their ass off in NC and enjoy good times during the ski season!

( like this place used to be)...lol

try ski racing in NC.... It is really fun to ski race!

;)
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
pagamony
Advanced

jeffryc wrote:The Beech Summit was rarely official. The first few were organized, excuse me, put together by,. the regulars on the board. I even put one together. So you can start now. Pick a weekend, start the Official pagamony Beech Mountain Summit Thread, and we'll see you there :)
I was there at the first beech summit ! And a few others. How about Feb 27 ?