The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Tips for Breckenridge?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
fredandkell
Beginner

OMG, thanks so much to whoever posted www.liftopia.com! I realize we're total newbs for not knowing about it before, but I just bought 2 way discounted Keystone night ski tix off there, which we were planning on doing anyway, since our flight lands too late to ski Breck the first day. Thanks again for all the help guys!

________

VAPORIZER WIKI
Brewskis
Beginner

@fredandkell 236479 wrote:OMG, thanks so much to whoever posted www.liftopia.com! I realize we're total newbs for not knowing about it before, but I just bought 2 way discounted Keystone night ski tix off there, which we were planning on doing anyway, since our flight lands too late to ski Breck the first day. Thanks again for all the help guys!

ha I was looking on there for next week and saw those also for $35 ea. Only thing is their night skiing ends at 8pm instead of 10pm like out here. Then again it starts at 4pm instead of 6pm.
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

@fredandkell 236479 wrote:OMG, thanks so much to whoever posted www.liftopia.com! I realize we're total newbs for not knowing about it before, but I just bought 2 way discounted Keystone night ski tix off there, which we were planning on doing anyway, since our flight lands too late to ski Breck the first day. Thanks again for all the help guys!

Double check, your Breck day tickets may be good to nightski at Keystone. It used to be included.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

I love to ski, but I love to ski cheap even better.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
fredandkell
Beginner

@n_alabamaskier 236668 wrote:Double check, your Breck day tickets may be good to nightski at Keystone. It used to be included.

They are...but we arrive pretty late that first day, so it wouldn't be worth the $$ to buy a full day lift ticket. $100 vs. $35! (Even with a multi-day ticket, paying $35 for that first night still is way cheaper.)

________

Harmed By Zoloft
Mspugbat
Beginner

It's been my experience that Breck does in fact have the longest lift lines. One way to avoid this is to not ride the gondola to peak 8. You can take the shuttle bus over the gondola to peak 9. Peak 8 receives the most traffic. I have waited in the longest lift line of my season at peak 8.

Take the bus to 9. Peak 8 gets a lot of traffic because most people take the gondola from the free and closer pay lots. They are all bottle necked to this peak. Also there are new condos nearby which added more traffic. This fact is what makes Breckenridge the most annoying mtn to ride. I feel it has too many steps to take in order to get to the runs. When I park at the free lots, i have to take a shuttle bus, then either the gondola or another bus, and then a lift. Beaver Creek, the basin and Keystone are so much quicker.

Keystone does have shorter lift lines. The gondola at Keystone actually goes the the top of dercum mtn and people tend to spread out more.
I love Mountains
Beginner

Be careful about trying to jump right off the plane and hit the slopes. I have heard of people getting I believe it's called altitude sickness, caused from going from such drastic differences in altitude. Like I said, just what I've heard, never experienced, but they say it will put you down for a day or two. I know that would suck to go all that way and be sick for half of it!

Just my .02
Mspugbat
Beginner

if you get altitude sickness, drink a lot of water. Many of the gift shops sell canned oxygen. These cans of oxygen are helpful in altitude sickness. The air at higher elevations has less oxygen. Most of the time the symptoms of altitude sickness is just a head ache, but it can be worse.
I love Mountains
Beginner

thanks for chiming in Mspugbat, I figured someone could shed some more info. than myself. Like he said you can get those cans of oxygen like anywhere in the villages though. Has anyone ever used one before? I thought about grabbing one next time I hike those bowls, if not for me then my gf. She passed out on the hike to the outback bowls at keystone last year!
breckbumpr
Beginner

breck used to have an o2 bar out there, i would go get hooked up after drinking all night and it def helped out, but not sure if its still there. when i lived out there i never had a prob with the altitude but now the altitude messes with me when i go out. i tried these pills called altitude adjust that you can buy at 7-11 and most gas stations out there and it actually seems to work well. i also drink lots of water and eat alot the whole week before i go out