The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2015 Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe Mountain

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

I'd be interested to see Mike's 100+ list ... probably a lot off new faces which is great.

As far as the list here goes I'm looking forward to some turns and beverages w/ everyone, haven't skied with as many people as I usually do yet this season. Aside from the official evening events we should figure some informal daytime rendezvous" so we can be sure to see each other on the slope ... the lack of cell and even wi-fi doesn't make it easy if one waits till on the mountain....If I make it Fri. evening (that has unfortunately become an if) I will definitely be night skiing and as always will have some spirited libations if anyone want's to join me on the porch at the Silvercreek Base

Not sure how those of us not going thru SS lodging can manage to join in the Fri and Saturday events with out paying $20 covers. Kenny, Mike? How about that?
teledave
Expert

There's some double dipping going on in counting people. When it asks for # in your party if you specify the number in your party and then they also register I think they are counting people twice. See you on the porch Fri., David.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

davidski wrote: Aside from the official evening events we should figure some informal daytime rendezvous" so we can be sure to see each other on the slope ... the lack of cell and even wi-fi doesn't make it easy if one waits till on the mountain.
I agree David!..especially for the new attendees. Last year was my first summit; I hadn't met any board members in person so it was a crap shoot linking up with peeps. Somehow I stumbled across a few members mid-day and introduced myself. It seems there's many more newbs this year. Alternative is to write your screen-name on duct-tape and stick on helmet/board/ski/etc.
davidski wrote:Not sure how those of us not going thru SS lodging can manage to join in the Fri and Saturday events with out paying $20 covers. Kenny, Mike? How about that?
Yeah, how about that?
jeffryc
Expert

Just look for the fat guy in a Captain America helmet.
davidski
Expert

But what if there are imitators?
ohioskier
Beginner

I will be at summit. First time at a summit. Where is everyone planning to meet on Friday?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Here's a rough itinerary.

FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE CONNECTION – RUSTED ROOT
There will be a VIP SECTION for SkiSoutheast.com peeps…but there IS limited space so it is first come, first “allowed”. The VIP section will hold around 15 people or so and spill over onto the dance floor. The VIP section is off to the left when you go in.

SATURDAY AT 5PM WELCOME TO SNOWSHOE AT THE NEW CORDUROY INN
It will be at 5pm in the Hearts Room Lobby.

SUNDAY 8:30AM FIRST TRACKS for SkiSoutheast people.
We willl be at the top of Soaring Eagle Lift at 8:30AM Sunday morning for some turns on the mountain before anyone else.
WOOOOOO!

ROYMERCER
Intermediate

Where will we pick up the tickets for friday night (Rusted Root ) ?
2020-2021 days skiing
CAT= 2
APP=
WOLF=
MASSANUTTEN=
TIMBERLINE=
CANAAN VALLEY=
SAPPHIRE=1
davidski
Expert

theKENDOG wrote:Here's a rough itinerary.

FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE CONNECTION – RUSTED ROOT
There will be a VIP SECTION for SkiSoutheast.com peeps…but there IS limited space so it is first come, first “allowed”. The VIP section will hold around 15 people or so and spill over onto the dance floor. The VIP section is off to the left when you go in.

SATURDAY AT 5PM WELCOME TO SNOWSHOE AT THE NEW CORDUROY INN
It will be at 5pm in the Hearts Room Lobby.

SUNDAY 8:30AM FIRST TRACKS for SkiSoutheast people.
We willl be at the top of Soaring Eagle Lift at 8:30AM Sunday morning for some turns on the mountain before anyone else.

OK -- so as I say, god willing and the creek don't rise I will be night skiing and on the porch of the Sugar shack at silver creek. 7 o'clock friday evening

Might I suggest that we meet on the slopes at 3 o'clock on Saturday? make turns before the official meet up. I don't think it matters where, (top of widow maker would be my suggestion) mainly I would like to meet up for some skiing and I think many newcomers could profit from our mad skills
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

ROYMERCER wrote:Where will we pick up the tickets for friday night (Rusted Root ) ?
Go to the Depot (in the village) on Friday before it closes at 8pm. Just tell them who you're with and what you need. I guess they aren't actually distributing the tickets when you check in. If you have any problems, just mention Ski Southeast and David Dekema.
WOOOOOO!