The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

2015 Ski Southeast Summit at Snowshoe Mountain

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
adm1n
Intermediate

Actually according to Snowshoe's rez peeps we're over 100 people in attendance. I think a lot of people just went through Snowshoe and didn't use our page. We'll have to figure a better way next year.

Per those of you who went through something other than Snowshoe for your lodging, there's not much we can do for you terms of lift passes - however THE DEPOT will give you concert passes for free. Just mention SkiSoutheast.com

We have a ton of new stickers to give away. I wish we'd have had quicker confirmation from Snowshoe on the plans and we'd have had some hoodies for everyone. IF ANY OF YOU SEES ME THIS WEEKEND, MAKE SURE I KNOW YOUR SIZES and I'll get you a hoodie sent after the summit.

No - if you are not there in person - you don't get a hoodie. This is a SEE MIKE, TELL MIKE, SKI WITH MIKE, EMAIL MIKE kind of thing.

I'm getting in around 4pm or so tomorrow...and PLAN to ski Silvercreek tomorrow night. However I would LOVE to get as much film and photos as possible - so if you guys want to meet up at the top of Ball Hooter on Saturday morning around 8:45am...we can ride together and get some video.

POST HERE if you can meet up....or drop me an email at [email protected]
BaZinGa
Advanced

We're shooting for rope drop in the morning and plan to be at Silvercreek after 4. Good for Sat & Sun morning too. Thanks!
davidski
Expert

Thanks Mike -- see you for night skiing tomorrow

Bazinga, are you at Canaan tomorrow am? I may actually head over for a few desperate late runs tonight -- did some thaw occur today, seemed warmish as I just pulled into Pfiddle
BaZinGa
Advanced

davidski wrote:Thanks Mike -- see you for night skiing tomorrow

Bazinga, are you at Canaan tomorrow am? I may actually head over for a few desperate late runs tonight -- did some thaw occur today, seemed warmish as I just pulled into Pfiddle
We're here tonight but heading to Shoe in the morning. It flurried all day so not much melt. Got a few inches last night. Some places were dust on crust but good overall.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Just got up here. I've never been here before when there's this much snow. Walls in some spots along the road on top. Reminds me of out west. Stoked for tomorrow!
WOOOOOO!

spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I'll be there early Sat morning. I park at TOW so I'll be at Soaring Eagle rope drop. PM me if you have an extra bed/couch/floor available for Sat eve...will pay my share.
teledave
Expert

I should be on the road now, instead Wed. morning my car decided it needed an engine rebuild. Stuck in East TN, enjoy the festivities.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
adm1n
Intermediate

teledave wrote:I should be on the road now, instead Wed. morning my car decided it needed an engine rebuild. Stuck in East TN, enjoy the festivities.

Hate that for you TDave. Maybe next time.
yardsale
Expert

teledave wrote:I should be on the road now, instead Wed. morning my car decided it needed an engine rebuild. Stuck in East TN, enjoy the festivities.
on the bright side at least it won't cost as much money as going to SS
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

This morning was SICK. A layer of fluff on top. Found some boot deep pow on the sides in spots. Hotlapped Ballhooter and Soaring Eagle.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425060767460.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425060785906.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425060797543.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425060817313.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425060828977.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WOOOOOO!