The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Canaan Valley/Timberline weekend crowds?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SalisburySkier
Beginner

Thanks for the info guys. Any opinions on grocery stores? Shop-n-save in Davis????
SalisburySkier
Beginner

Any one know what the heck is going on at Timberline? I know January was terrible but how the hell do they only have three trails open off the top? I am thinking I will just ski both days at Canaan next weekend. Disappointing after a 7 hour drive though.
SalisburySkier
Beginner

Hey guys, the sad state of Timberline has me pondering a drive to Wisp from the valley. Any one have any info on Wisp? Never been there. Huge crowds on weekends? I will be there next Saturday or Sunday (CVSP the other day). Thanks guys, any info is appreciated as I have never made the trek to ski in Maryland.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Wisp has some nice terrain, however it does get crowded on weekends and I expect next weekend will be no different due to the pent up demand. Everywhere will be crowded. Better to go Sunday because the crowds start thinning around noon (many from DC/MD leave). Go for it!