The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
winter
Beginner

Looking at doing a last minute trip next weekend with my wife, one of the options is the Ritz Carlton at Bachelor Gulch / Beaver Creek - any experiences good/bad?
Old Fart
Beginner

I would assume the Ritz will be ritzy, and Beaver Creek is great; so what's not to like?

Except for the lift ticket price.
davidski
Expert

Not sure Winter, but I look forward to skiing with you again
jt3
Intermediate

if you happen to catch any decent snow, BC is awesome. The locals just stick to the groomers and you can find some sweet untracked stuff without much effort. And who doesn't like a hot fresh baked cookie and hot chocolate coming off the hill? Yeah, the Beav is pretty sweet. though the regulars there are pretty ski centric and don't seem to care for us boarders much.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

jt3 wrote:if you happen to catch any decent snow, BC is awesome. The locals just stick to the groomers and you can find some sweet untracked stuff without much effort.
Can you recommend any specific off-piste areas? I might be there soon.
jt3
Intermediate

most of the goods Ive found are off grouse mountain. There is a sweet hike to off the back. When you exit that lift, look behind the fancy outhouse. oddly, hardly any of the locals go into the glades on good days. It takes much longer than it should for those areas to get tracked out. IF you can get a pow day you will have a lot of fun. If its snowing, peak around all the glade areas. It blew my mind they weren't being used.
Old Fart
Beginner

When I was there anyplace that wasn't groomed was largely untracked, in general Beaver Creek's clientele skis groomers only. Which makes it a great place for pow skiing. I agree with the recommendation for the Grouse Mountain area, Royal Elk & Black Bear Glades will hold untracked for days after the last storm.
BeefStu

Um, yeah...it's fantastic. BC is an awesome mountain if you haven't been there. Crowds are less crazy than Vail and big enough Mtn to spend a week there. The Ritz is great. Very expensive but worth it if you have the coin. It's right at the base of the hill so you can ski in/out easily. Good bars, restaurants and entertainment there most days. Have fun.
winter
Beginner

Thanks BeefStu - that's what I was looking to hear. I've been to Vail but not BC and based off the map it looked like it was isolated from everything else (kind of like the Farimont at Whistler.) Glad to hear there's other fun stuff nearby. Last weekend didn't work out but I just booked it for mid-March!

BeefStu wrote:Um, yeah...it's fantastic. BC is an awesome mountain if you haven't been there. Crowds are less crazy than Vail and big enough Mtn to spend a week there. The Ritz is great. Very expensive but worth it if you have the coin. It's right at the base of the hill so you can ski in/out easily. Good bars, restaurants and entertainment there most days. Have fun.
winter
Beginner

David - if there's any decent weather within a 6 hour drive between now and mid-March let's do it. I've been out on a medical the last three months, haven't skied yet this season...
davidski wrote:Not sure Winter, but I look forward to skiing with you again