The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Red mountain and Whitewater?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

davidski wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 pm Indeed, I am flying into Spokane

Thanks Marzski, You did a lot of coverage of another mountains OPO right? or was that Red mountain. Sorry for forgetting, I really was impressed with the detail though
Yep, that was the Red Mountain OPO. I couldn't remember whether I mentioned it here or not.

I first heard about Red from a family from New Zealand who spent a couple weeks there several years ago. The mom posted a great trip report on TheSkiDiva.com . That was when they were just starting to expand the terrain onto Grey Mountain.

Have you looked at the Red Facebook Page?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

David, here's a trip report for you that included powder at Red. Plus comments about Whitewater. Definitely sound like places you will have a great time since you are more than willing to hike for the goods.

https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/powde ... pic.80380/
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
davidski
Expert

Nice link... interesting that Red was very crowded, not what I expected
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

^^It was peak holiday (Saturday - Dec 30th). But did I read that correctly....1.5 hr lift line from base lodge?

Wonder what camera was used....the pics capture the scale very well.
marzski
Advanced

davidski wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 pm Nice link... interesting that Red was very crowded, not what I expected
Red got good snow early on. With all the extra publicity of the OPO, could be that more people than usual decided to go at Christmas because they were thinking that Red would be less crowded than the usual destination resorts. I doubt you'll run into long lift lines.

There are plenty of future plans for expansion and more lifts. All a matter of figuring out how to grow while staying financially stable. The growth in skier visits in the last couple seasons has been substantial.
marzski
Advanced

spydeeTJB wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:11 pm ^^It was peak holiday (Saturday - Dec 30th). But did I read that correctly....1.5 hr lift line from base lodge?

Wonder what camera was used....the pics capture the scale very well.
Was also a powder day early season.
marzski
Advanced

spydeeTJB wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:11 pm Wonder what camera was used....the pics capture the scale very well.
No special camera. IPhone 7 and the wife’s newer Samsung galaxy.
marzski
Advanced

Confirmed with the Aussie who did the TR I linked that lines are not usually that long. Especially if not a powder day. That's the same as JH, Alta, Snowbird, etc.
marzski
Advanced

A powder day at Revy means a long line before the lifts open too.

http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index. ... ost-358654
davidski
Expert

It was amazing