The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech Lift? WHat Up?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dreamnofpow
Expert

There is something going on at Beech, I don't know exactly but the vibe is not positive. Will see what summer brings with repairs etc...
Juice
Beginner

I can almost guarantee beech does not have more snow guns than sugar.
L Bear
Beginner

dreamnofpow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 am There is something going on at Beech, I don't know exactly but the vibe is not positive. Will see what summer brings with repairs etc...
care to elaborate?
yardsale
Expert

L Bear wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm
dreamnofpow wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 am There is something going on at Beech, I don't know exactly but the vibe is not positive. Will see what summer brings with repairs etc...
care to elaborate?
lack of lift maintenance finally caught up with them and bit them in the butt. im sure that makes pretty much all of the management salty af. they're probably thankful for the warm spell ending the season early.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Kastle
Beginner

care to elaborate?
[/quote]

lack of lift maintenance finally caught up with them and bit them in the butt. im sure that makes pretty much all of the management salty af. they're probably thankful for the warm spell ending the season early.
[/quote]

The general manager forced out every employee, with the exception of marketing director and mountain manager, that was making above minimum wage .. this included all the old timers that knew how to keep the Quad going. Talk of the town is they will replace lift 6 with a high speed 6-pack similar to Sugar's and re-tool the Quad because the bike racks can only work with that lift.
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

I heard from a local that in the past couple days that Beech signed a deal to get a new quad as it could not be repaired as it was too old to get the parts. The work on the new lift will take place this summer. And biking will move to the double lift for this summer. I hope the person is correct.
rducop
Beginner

I think the management at Beech will find it equally difficult to repair the trust and loyalty of its customer base given their lack of and delay in communication and transparency about the problems this season.
sts9shredder
Beginner

That's great news if they are investing in a new detachable lift quad or 6 seater. BUT they better make sure they are committed to making as much snow as possible when they can because new lift or not they would still be closed right now.

Sugar has half their mountain at a lower elevation than Beech and more acreage to cover.