The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Is this the beginning of the end?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Old Fart
Beginner

After a weeks worth of rain and rain in the forecast 6 of the next 7 days, will there be any skiing in NC in March?
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

I have my shorts on again today... probably getting close.. but models say a cold March may happen.. may be too late tho.. When we going to plan a summer summit again old fart?
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

The forecast is pretty awful and next week is going to be warm again. More blowtorch. As good as December and January were, February looks like it's going to be a stinker. I'm looking at some of the long range models and the outlook isn't promising. Might be a bunch of early to mid March closings if they prove to be true.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

gonna hit the bottom line pretty hard for some I'd guess.
skipanther
Advanced

I thought last February was bad but this one is hideous,just plain awful as it gets!Pux... Phil lied,I'm going to make a long road trip up there to Pa and strangle that no good rodents neck!
skipanther
Advanced

theKENDOG wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 am The forecast is pretty awful and next week is going to be warm again. More blowtorch. As good as December and January were, February looks like it's going to be a stinker. I'm looking at some of the long range models and the outlook isn't promising. Might be a bunch of early to mid March closings if they prove to be true.
I bet some will close in February,I'd say by March App will still be open because being the size of someone's back yard they made a deep base,Snowshoe might last til the Summit,then close and Sugar will have a thin mud trail leading down the mountain and they will still charge $ 74!
Old Fart
Beginner

skipanther wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:51 am Sugar will have a thin mud trail leading down the mountain and they will still charge $ 74!
Ain't that the truth.
Old Fart
Beginner

OldSchool wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 pmWhen we going to plan a summer summit again old fart?
Nanty?
Tmiller72
Expert

Unbelievable how much snow Sugar has lost in the last week. More mud than snow last night when getting off the lift. Too warm to groom between sessions. Not sure they can make it to March. Even if March is cold, they typically stop making snow around March 1st. Looks like a sad end to a pretty decent season.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
skipanther
Advanced

I'd say it's a sad ending to a decent 1st half of a season,it started getting warm and rainy right after the Superbowl resulting in the worst 2nd half of a season that I can remember!This February will probably go down as the warmest ever!It would be nice if next season it starts getting real cold right before the Christmas holiday and stays really cold til at least St Patty's Day!I'd like to see next January much colder than normal and the coldest February on record!