The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech Mountain 11/17

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
TSI
Beginner

Riding Beech Mountain this Saturday, anyone else going to be up?
18/19
Beech Mtn 1
Bultaco
Beginner

Planning on Sunday
ShredPirateRoberts
Beginner

I'll be there saturday sunday and monday.

Lets ripppp!
“The best place in the world to ski is where you’re skiing that day.” - Warren Miller
Nashville TN
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

You may want to check before you go. I am watching to see if the temperature will be cold enough to make more snow. Right now they definitely don't have enough.
ShredPirateRoberts
Beginner

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:07 am You may want to check before you go. I am watching to see if the temperature will be cold enough to make more snow. Right now they definitely don't have enough.
that's pretty self-evident.
“The best place in the world to ski is where you’re skiing that day.” - Warren Miller
Nashville TN
TSI
Beginner

Looking at the webcam and the news posted I do not think that Beech will be open this weekend, I did however read the brewery would be open! I'm headed up regardless need to blow leaves, clean the gutters, and try some new brews.
18/19
Beech Mtn 1
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Anyone make it to Beech today? I am curious to hear about the new lift and conditions. I checked the website late afternoon and the quads were listed as closed. Did the lift shutdown?
canadianbacon828
Beginner

Coverage was good and conditions were great. They were working several bugs out of the system, nothing out of the ordinary. They decided to stop loading the quad at 3:30 so they could troubleshoot. The lift crew stayed late to correct the software issue. We were told it will run today like normal and it is listed on the report as open.
davidski
Expert

Hey canadianbacon... Welcome, seems like there's not enough of that. And thanks for the update I'll be hitting beech soon.
canadianbacon828
Beginner

davidski wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:22 pm Hey canadianbacon... Welcome, seems like there's not enough of that. And thanks for the update I'll be hitting beech soon.
Thanks man. I live up on Beech and know the crew well. Usually just read posts but figured it's time to chime in here and there. Been riding Beech and Sugar since we moved here from Canada in 96'. Lots of rad improvements at Beech, should be a fun season!