The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

I'm Booked at Sugar Through the Storm

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

You are right, and I bet that Cat was not blasting the guns as snow was falling at 1-2 in hour
dj
Advanced

davidski wrote:You are right, and I bet that Cat was not blasting the guns as snow was falling at 1-2 in hour
Cat didn't make snow during operating hours Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

davidski
Expert

thanks for that confirm, Cat is 4 1/2 hour drive for me sadly

Iwant to reiterate too that I'm glad I made the trip and made runs with other board members, it's just that in the words of Brando it "could have been a contender!"

lets not even discuss the fact I canceled a Colorado trip

Wolf is 100% today, What will it be like tomorrow? was going to Wintergreen but it does not look like they will have Highlands open yet
deere25
Beginner

Just to stir the pot a bit, does anyone still think that those 3 days that Sugar made snow during day sessions when the big snow event came isn't making a huge difference now? If they didn't do that the the slopes wouldn't look anywhere near what they look like now. So the snowmaking whining machine going to get cranked back up in a day or so, thankfully!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

deere25 wrote:Just to stir the pot a bit, does anyone still think that those 3 days that Sugar made snow during day sessions when the big snow event came isn't making a huge difference now? If they didn't do that the the slopes wouldn't look anywhere near what they look like now. So the snowmaking whining machine going to get cranked back up in a day or so, thankfully!
The convo wasn’t about 3 days, it was about a 12 hour window during a historic storm. And no, I don’t think 12 hours made a huge difference.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

What KDog said...... If you were there, you'd know. They ruined a rare east cost gem of a storm.... that little bit of extra, was being wind blown to areas it didn't need to be anyway...
deere25
Beginner

Well, I was there, so I do understand. But these people are always looking at the bigger picture and aren't worried about pissing off a handful of people when they know 30.000+ skier visits were on the horizon during the holiday period. My argument isn't about it being unpleasant, it was. Just making the point that it is the south, make hay when the sun shines, same principal. I'm sure by looking at the web cams that several local resorts would like to have that 12 hours of snowmaking opportunity back.
davidski
Expert

Well if you were there and follow the thread I wish you would have said Hi, It's always good to connect with others, at least I've always found it so even when we didn't always get along on the messageboard ... all though everyone plays a lot nicer now than in the past,, not me of course I was always a saint.

Hope to see you next time, I don't have any new points to make though about the spilt milk/powder
deere25
Beginner

Agreed davidski! Was a spur of the moment thing and I only get on here when at a desktop so next time an attempt will be made to connect with the message board peeps. I've been following this forum since its inception, commenting very little, but love to read comments and chime in from time to time. Enjoy the upcoming weather, just in time for MLK!
davidski
Expert

Yes things are turning around, should be a great few weeks at least