The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Photography and I

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
afrobigfoot
Expert

Pretty much me and photography are going together pretty well.

I won an award at the Caldwell County Arts Council art contest back in April

I just won 1st and 3rd place in the photography contest at my school

I got a letter earlier this week about a picture i took being published in an upcoming book

I have been asked to take pictures for one of my dads friends wedding in July.

And to top it all off I now have a Canon Digital Rebel XT with some other goodies.

Just posting about my good fortune lately 8)
bamapilot
Expert

Congrats on all that. Now get to work with that camara and get us some more pics. What book is the pic going to be in???
dreamnofpow
Expert

and you had your first paying customer for art from SKiNC. :lol:

Congrats Afro!!
SKISC
Expert

Nice. You will enjoy the new camera.
admin

That's great. Your pictures have a really good quality to them. I haven't been painting lately or I'd be painting one of them. (saved 'em tho.) lol.

Lisa
teledave
Expert

That's fantastic, Afro. Keep it up, and keep investigating new techniques and arenas to work in. Get yourself enrolled in some kind of photography and art classes, you will be amazed at the difference you and others will see in your work with just a few artistic basics. You've already got the eye for things, with some professional help you could really be turning out pictures that are of extremely high caliber in both their artistic and technical merits.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
angel
Advanced

Wow! Afro, that is so awesome!!!! Great job!!! :D
XboxChick
Intermediate

Afro, I'm impressed...your photos always impressed me and now that your being published...even more impressive...don't let this go...your having too much fun and your gettin recongized for it! and that my friend is truly lucky!!!

way to go afro :D
afrobigfoot
Expert

Thank you Thank you.

Wayne: Check out ebay they have some really great deals for the Rebel. Quite a few come with a couple of lenses, larger memory card, extra battery, carrying cases (plural) tripods (plural) all for a really good price.

So far im enjoying the new camera, havent really gotten to test it out yet, just taking pictures of my dad and my cats and dogs and stuff. Hopefully in a day or two i can get out and try to get a hang of the camera and take a few more serious pictures. Im starting to get the hang of focusing it, so thats good.
KneeDeep
Expert

Do you have a website with your pictures posted? I'd like to see some of your work.

I've been somewhat lucky with my photography lately too- since I put up my website, I've been able to "show it off" a little more. Some people at work saw it and now they want to decorate the walls in our building with my prints. Hopefully they'll order tons of them so I can make some bank off it. I've got some new shots up- check it out, snsgallery.com.