The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

WHY...

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
admin

Seriously, you think it's a problem now, you just wait 10 or 20 years. Earth's Production moves from china to india with population control, india gets a middle class and the game's over. Bill Gates will have the only car in america.

Hopefully though, we'll be hydrogen powered or something. Or the indians never get politically organized.
SkiCop
Expert

I'm surprised that the govt. hasn't done more already to curb our appetite for oil. the technology already exists for alternative energy sources for our cars. I guess the oil companies send enough money to Washington to keep the rest of us screwed.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
I'm surprised that the govt. hasn't done more already to curb our appetite for oil. the technology already exists for alternative energy sources for our cars. I guess the oil companies send enough money to Washington to keep the rest of us screwed.

OK- Think about this. Where is George Bush from? Texas. What is his business? Oil. Do I need to draw a picture?
SkiCop
Expert

What's bad is that if gas was $5.00a gallon, everyone would still be ponying up.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

UABSkiBum wrote:

SkiCop wrote:

OK- Think about this. Where is George Bush from? Texas. What is his business? Oil. Do I need to draw a picture?

No, all of us need to look in the mirror and see the image before us. W did not force us to by the oversized SUV. W did not force us to believe mass transit is for the socially underpriviledged. In fact no president caused this. We as a society have talked the talk of ecology but we still walk the line drawn by oil companies and automakers who by the way are so far into each others stock portfolios it is laughable. Conspiracy theories are cool but they only mask reality, we as a nation burn too much friggin oil and we all need to chill out
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
admin

I can go one step further. For 16 years of my life I bike commuted some 14 miles a day to and from work. What did I receive for my efforts? Bottles thrown at me, being accused of being a drunk (only drunks ride bikes to work), being told to get the #$%^ out of the road, etc. I can even attest to a few fights resulting from the road rage of the jack @$$e$ stuck behind the wheel of cars. I could cover the 7 miles to and from work each day on my bicycle in the same amount of time as those who chose to drive cars. I pay taxes, obey the laws and do what I am supposed to. Why was I considered a second class citizen? Now my vehicles see very little road usage. My brand new Nissan Sentra has just over 2,000 miles on it after almost 6 months of use. My Xterra has been driven a whopping 1,000 miles in 6 months. I really wish Americans would quit treating those who choose alternative transportation methods as idiots who lost their license in some court case!

For those who drive everywhere they go, I am thankful I did what I did. I have assets to show for it and don't give a #$%^ when the Islamic maniacs kill more people to advance their insanity. They get very little from me and that is the way it will be until I can no longer ride, run or skate my way through life. Just remember that when you tally up your mpg, if you are using no g, mp is a moot point!!! :lol:
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Well put fast...I ride to work on a road w/ a designated bike lane and I STILL get yelled at, tailgated etc. There is even one part of the ride where I need to pass through a light. The rush hr. traffic likes to use the bike lane as a third lane and or turn lane and I get blasted for having the nerve to ride in it. I take it all in stride though as I peddle past em and beat their butts to the office.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
angel
Advanced

Hmmmm, maybe I can ask my boss to install a hitching post so I can just ride the horse to work....in return, the lawn gets fertilized!!!!! :D :D

On the other hand, though my vehicle looks like a toaster, 30+ mpg ain't bad...
ma267
Expert

Read in car and driver about ethanol issues, why havent we been using for years like brazil and we wouldnt be in the shape were in.
SkiCop
Expert

ma267 wrote:
Read in car and driver about ethanol issues, why havent we been using for years like brazil and we wouldnt be in the shape were in.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ and politics.