The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

OT: Harley Davidson Rally

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
scootergarren
Beginner

I know this is late but I believe Mark would still be downloading pictures right now. :D

My post was in front of the Harley Davidson shop in Myrtle Beach

and in front of this bar...

This one is for you Blacky! She was a bartender at the bar...

They estimated there were about 300 to 400 thousand bikers in attendance this year, putting Mrytle Beach ahead of Daytona Beach and second behind Sturgis....

Just 2 of our bikes out of the 20 that were in attendance....

Another bartender from HUTD, if I could only photoshop the rookie out of the picture....

Check the guys out in the background... Ya think they know I'm taking the picture?

I know that the pictures aren't much but I wasn't able visit SBB in Murrells Inlet. That is where the craziness is located! Maybe next year?
scootergarren
Beginner

^^^^^7 out of 400,000 .....
ma267
Expert

scootergarren wrote:
^^^^^7 out of 400,000 .....

theyre getting safer
Zeus
Expert

Crazy, you guys are the first law enforcement office that I've seen use BMWs for duty. Usually its a big Harley or Suzuki (in my experience).

Looks like it was fun Scoot. Keep the TRs comin'.
teledave
Expert

Zeus wrote:
Crazy, you guys are the first law enforcement office that I've seen use BMWs for duty. Usually its a big Harley or Suzuki (in my experience).

Looks like it was fun Scoot. Keep the TRs comin'.

K-Town switched to Beemers about 2 years ago, I heard the reasoning was the maintenance was way cheaper. (May have been the Sheriff's Dept. rather than the City now that I think about it though.)
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
jeffryc
Expert

GreshamB wrote:

scootergarren wrote:
Check the guys out in the background... Ya think they know I'm taking the picture?

no actually i think they are smiling because they are looking down her shirt as she bends over in the cooler...

:lol:

nice pics scoot..

That's exactly what I was thinking!
Zeus
Expert

teledave wrote:
K-Town switched to Beemers about 2 years ago, I heard the reasoning was the maintenance was way cheaper. (May have been the Sheriff's Dept. rather than the City now that I think about it though.)

Hard to imagine a beemer being cheaper than anything when it comes to maintenence (one of my roommates has a BMW car, and I get to hear about how $$$ parts are, etc, all the time).

But after working on HDs, I'd believe it. Those can be troublesome bikes. Gimme a yamaha inline four any day of the week...
SkiCop
Expert

they way most law enforcement agencies do it is that they just don't keep the bikes long enough for them to go out of warranty. If BMW has a longer warranty, the repair costs are cheaper.
admin

Zeus wrote:
Hard to imagine a beemer being cheaper than anything when it comes to maintenence (one of my roommates has a BMW car, and I get to hear about how $$$ parts are, etc, all the time).

I had a 325ic for 10 years...durn things, you got this maintence schedule staggered every 15k I & II, and they were $650 a pop. minimum. They find something, which they always did, and a kilodollar. I did get 240k out of it though...before the frame litterally fell apart...
Zeus
Expert

I do love the look of a Beemer bike, if I had the cash I would certainly get one for my next motorcycle. Well, it would be a toss-up between a BMW and a Ducati.

Instead I'm looking at the Suzuki cheap-get-around-town bike. heck, anything is better than what I have now- a non-running 1987 yamaha.