The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Computer Help..

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
ma267
Expert

I thought a MAC was a PC
SkiCop
Expert

Nope, it's a Mac.
g8erhater
Advanced

kadamk7878 wrote:
well the safe mode stuff fixed half the problem..im still getting a blinking yellow triangle saying system alert:pop ups..it says my computer is infected with spyware managing pop up advertisments..and im getting other warning saying i have spyware stuff and clcik yes to get software to get rid of it but i havent clicked yes any.

any suggestions??

Run it a few times in safe mode. Run spy boy + adaware a couple of times, then restart in safe mode. Then run them again. If they don't clear it out, you are gonna have to use something more hitech like hijackthis or a regeditor.
Murphy
Beginner

You can always try this:

1) Close all programs

2) hit ctrl-alt-delete

3) click on the processes tab

The process causing your problem should be listed there. The problem is finding it. Half of them will belong to Windows and several more will likely be anti-virus stuff if you have it (I'm guessing you don't :wink: ). If you google any of those processes you find a dozen webpages telling you if they're good, bad and how to get rid of them if they are bad. You might try sorting the processes by "CPU". The problem process may be using a few clock cycles. Make sure you spell them right because many viruses name their processes to look like legit processes.

Another good option is to get a shareware program that lists all of the programs that automatically boot with each startup. It's a good way to find spyware and make your machine run better. I've used one once but I can't remember what it was called. Maybe someone else could recommend one.

Hope this helps.
Murphy
Beginner

I did a little more research and found this page: http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/startup.htm

It might help.
ma267
Expert

I say let it beep, as long as your able to post on skinc you computer has no glitch.
kadamk7878
Advanced

ma267 wrote:
I say let it beep, as long as your able to post on skinc you computer has no glitch.

true but my computer is slowing down and all the warnings and stuff are becoming annoying..

________

Honda RVF400
SkiCop
Expert

Reinstall Windows.
snowbird
Advanced

i have 2 computers.
SkiCop
Expert

I have three computers.