The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Computer Help..

This is the place to post - Non ski-related chit chat, G rated

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean!)
kadamk7878
Advanced

About 2 days ago i started getting these pop ups in the task bar in the clock area. Every couple of seconds it pops up and says " my computer is infected..critical system error". And it blinks too, it has a green handicap sign and a red circle with a line thru it. When the critical system error pops up it says click here to get software. Also different pop up appears saying I have some trojan virus and spyware stuff but the virus check says its all clean. I downloaded some anti spyware to see is that would do anything but it didnt. And I keep getting regular advertisment pop ups even though i have pop blockers....

Anybody know how to get rid of this problem??

________

Free Gamestop Gift Card
g8erhater
Advanced

What anti spyware programs did you use? I would hit it with a dose of ad aware + spy bot.
kadamk7878
Advanced

well i alreaddy have spybot but that came up clean and i downloaded windows defender yesterday and still came up clean and i have avg virus protection...i guess ill try the ad aware

________

Honda VTR250 specifications
SkiCop
Expert

For some of the trojans, you may have to format the HD and reinstall Windows.
g8erhater
Advanced

Hijack This is also a good one, but as it says, make sure you know what you are doing:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
ma267
Expert

go buy a new computer
kadamk7878
Advanced

i tried the ad-ware and im guessing it cleaned up some stuff but what i said at first is still showing up..i ran my virus scan and it said i had some trojan viruses but it got rid of it...

the message that keeps appearing says click here to to get available software and i clicked it and it brought me to some spywarequake and i downloaded that but all it does is scan, it doesnt remove unless you buy it.

________

MARIJUANA INDICA
g8erhater
Advanced

kadamk7878 wrote:
i tried the ad-ware and im guessing it cleaned up some stuff but what i said at first is still showing up..i ran my virus scan and it said i had some trojan viruses but it got rid of it...

the message that keeps appearing says click here to to get available software and i clicked it and it brought me to some spywarequake and i downloaded that but all it does is scan, it doesnt remove unless you buy it.

Dawg, you never should've clicked on that link and downloaded that program. Bad, bad move. Uninstall it, then start your computer in safe mode and run adaware and spybot again.