The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

This forum=fail

This is the spot to post your trail and trip reports. Please notify [email protected] when you do so that we can feature the better ones on the front of the website.
skiatlanta
Advanced

keep everything in only 2 forums(hall of fame is ok too)...its clear in the other thread no one wants this forum. People arent going to see as many TR's now cause they arent posted that often.
SteepNdeep
Intermediate

I agree, this board doesn't have enough traffic to sub-categorize everything. Just keep everything in Ski and Non-Ski
SKI2BFREE
Intermediate

I know this sucks. Whoever suggested this is a moron. It was the gnar or skifreak idk but its a terrible idea.
TannerP
Expert

I kind of like it. It will be better when the season kicks up. Everyone should pledge to produce so many trs.
TheGnar
Expert

Is Mike the only person that wants increased traffic? I thought that was the idea of moving to a new board...for expansion?

Do you honestly think that having a separate forum for TRs is bad for the site? Since there's (almost) always more guests than members online, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they aren't here to read the same 8-12 people post over and over, but are most likely here for content that are in those trip reports (especially now).

Why not make it easier for users to find what they came here to find?

Even though it doesn't mean crap; my .02. And let the flaming begin...
IMASKIER
Intermediate

Im all for this new forum. I know that 90% of the time that Im on here Im looking forward to seeing all the other member's TR's. Thats whats cool about boards, sharing your experiences with others. This just makes it easier and more organized.
BaZinGa
Advanced

i agree with both... i think the folders we have now are okay, but don't think anymore should be added... things get lost with too many folders...

my sub division had a yahoo groups account that worked fine for our small group of ~ 100 users, then when the hoa switched to a "message board type" system and created a folder for every little group, etc. the traffic died off greatly...
SkiCop
Expert

Wasn't that the main purpose of the Ski forum?
jbc28
Expert

If TGR doesn't need one, neither do we.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

I see no reason for the split since the TR's are only part of the fun around this place. Coming to this forum to look at pretty pictures is sort of lame since you can do that with any magazine. Interacting with everyone is the $ shot. If you see a cool thread just below a TR you are tempted to look at it and interact. That is my two cents worth...

TGR and Gapicski are so compartmentalized that it drives me to drink...actually that might be a good thing...lemme rethink this...
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger